Guitarix.vst v0.3 Release

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

tramp
Established Member

Guitarix.vst v0.3 Release

Post by tramp »

Guitarix.vst is the full blown guitarix stack as VST3 plugin for Linux, using Juce to wrap the guitarix engine into a VST3 plugin.
It allow to load/save your presets, download presets from online and load external LV2 plugs and IR Files, like the guitarix stand-alone version.
But all that as a VST3 plugin in your DAW. All parameters been exposed to the DAW, so accessible for automation.
Other than the stand-alone, the VST3 version allows to switch the input to a real stereo input, so it may match better your channel strip in the DAW.
For Hdpi users, the GUI is full scalable.

New in this release:

• Add support for RTNeural network engine
  • Allow to load two instances of the neural modules
  • Add NAM and RTNeural Multi module (Load two models and blend between them)
  • Fix resampling issues within the neural modules
  • Update to latest guitarix2-0.46.0 release

Project Page:
https://github.com/brummer10/guitarix.vst

Release Page:
https://github.com/brummer10/guitarix.v ... s/tag/v0.3

If you like to support the guitarix.vst development consider a donation: Donate

On the road again.
Audiojunkie
Established Member

Re: Guitarix.vst v0.3 Release

Post by Audiojunkie »

This is so cool! Thank you!!!

jmhardin
Established Member

Post by jmhardin »

Noice! Do I need the current Guitarix installed to use the vst? My distro has an older version in the repos but if I don't need it I'll uninstall the older version. How would I install the vst so I can use it? Would the files from the binary just go into my ~/.vst folder?

tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

jmhardin wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:16 pm

Do I need the current Guitarix installed to use the vst?

No.

My distro has an older version in the repos but if I don't need it I'll uninstall the older version.

You could keep it if you like. The vst version could load your old presets without problems. The old guitarix version could as well load your newly created presets from the vst, it will just left out the new modules, so it may sound different in the old guitarix version, but there is no technical issue keeping both versions in parallel.

How would I install the vst so I can use it? Would the files from the binary just go into my ~/.vst folder?

Yes, just unpack the binary zip into your ~/.vst folder. Maybe you must rescan the plugs in your host so that it find the new one.

On the road again.
jmhardin
Established Member

Post by jmhardin »

tramp wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:14 am

Do I need the current Guitarix installed to use the vst?

No.

Sweet.

My distro has an older version in the repos but if I don't need it I'll uninstall the older version.

You could keep it if you like. The vst version could load your old presets without problems. The old guitarix version could as well load your newly created presets from the vst, it will just left out the new modules, so it may sound different in the old guitarix version, but there is no technical issue keeping both versions in parallel.

I haven't gotten it fired up very well yet so there's no old settings to load. I'm still trying to get the software to play nicely with each other but I'm really looking forward to using Guitarix on a track I'm getting ready to record.

How would I install the vst so I can use it? Would the files from the binary just go into my ~/.vst folder?

Yes, just unpack the binary zip into your ~/.vst folder. Maybe you must rescan the plugs in your host so that it find the new one.

I love it when plugins are so easy to install. Something tells me I'll be happily diving down one hell of a rabbit hole to check out all the goodies Guitarix offers, especially since I don't have a lot of pedals to smash yet.

glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

The RTNeural dual mode works fine, and with two aida-x amps, cpu is still much lower in than a single .nam amp in the Neural section :shock: 8)
Using the A/B blend and input/output levels makes it easy to dial in what you like best from two different amps. For fun, sent the
RTNeural amps to slow deep GX-Tremolo and a rich diffuse reverb
slow deep GX Tremolo to rich diffuse reverb
rich diffuse reverb to a second (but different rates) slow deep GX Tremolo
second GX Tremolo to U-he ColourCopy Tabla-Flyer or Deep Resonator presets, from the Comb section.
Cheers

Last edited by glowrak guy on Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

jmhardin wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:21 am

Something tells me I'll be happily diving down one hell of a rabbit hole to check out all the goodies Guitarix offers, especially since I don't have a lot of pedals to smash yet.

Hi, at ToneHunter, you can search by 'most popular'. I've found the items with 900+ downloads to be pretty good, and extracting them to well named folders minimizes confusion.

There are far fewer total downloads for the RTNeural setups at https://cloud.aida-x.cc/all

...but I'm happy with the quality, and the unique dual combinations that are so easy to create.
Cheers

dual-amps-dual-trems.jpg
dual-amps-dual-trems.jpg (161.21 KiB) Viewed 777 times
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

glowrak guy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:41 am

The RTNeural dual mode works fine, and with two aida-x amps, cpu is still much lower in than a single .nam amp in the Neural section :shock: 8)

Yep, it's surprisingly low in CPU usage while the sound quality is comparable.
I guess you running the binary from the project side which isn't fully optimized due to be mostly compatible.
Here, running the full optimised version (x86-64-v3), the Dual loader takes less the 3% DSP with 48kHz 128/2 sample buffer.
A single NAM instance takes around 9% and the NAM dual loader needs 17%.

On the road again.
runiq
Established Member

Post by runiq »

Aww man I just got a new guitar and I'm so looking forward to trying out all the stuff in the new Guitarix <3

bulevardi
Established Member

Post by bulevardi »

tramp wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:30 pm

New in this release:

• Add support for RTNeural network engine
  • Allow to load two instances of the neural modules
  • Add NAM and RTNeural Multi module (Load two models and blend between them)

To be able to use NAM, we need to download and install this LV2 stuff to be able to use it? Or is it integrated in the VST already?
viewtopic.php?t=26725

Or do we have to download files here: https://cloud.aida-x.cc/all and use them straight away somehow?

Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....
Get In Touch^^
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

Click the + to open a new module. There is now Neural menu option, so use that to choose the desired version.
You'll want separate folders to keep the downloaded .nam and .aidax gear separate, and use the gui's browser widgets to find
your saved items. Some come with dozens of files, so subfolders will be handy, and I name them like aaaFender
aaa-Mesa so they are at the top of the browser.

Choosing the RTNeural Multi Engine menu gives you two slots for aidax gear to be combined and blended.

The LV2 button on the upper-right of the gui has a 'utility' menu choice, where you'll find the LV2 gear in your system,
and keep hitting the + to add new modules as you build your chain. Your linux repositories and synaptic package manager
search function should make it easy to add the LV2 collections, and Guitarix will know where to look for them.
I move them to /home/me/.lv2 for convenience.
Cheers

sjzstudio
Established Member

Post by sjzstudio »

Why does the plugin window look like this. Mixbus 32C & latest Avlinux MXe

bulevardi
Established Member

Post by bulevardi »

glowrak guy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:02 pm

Click the + to open a new module. There is now Neural menu option, so use that to choose the desired version.
You'll want separate folders to keep the downloaded .nam and .aidax gear separate, and use the gui's browser widgets to find
your saved items. Some come with dozens of files, so subfolders will be handy, and I name them like aaaFender
aaa-Mesa so they are at the top of the browser.

Choosing the RTNeural Multi Engine menu gives you two slots for aidax gear to be combined and blended.

The LV2 button on the upper-right of the gui has a 'utility' menu choice, where you'll find the LV2 gear in your system,
and keep hitting the + to add new modules as you build your chain. Your linux repositories and synaptic package manager
search function should make it easy to add the LV2 collections, and Guitarix will know where to look for them.
I move them to /home/me/.lv2 for convenience.
Cheers

Ok, I see it's working here ^^
Will copy the files to my recording computer later to test it with the guitar :)

Get In Touch^^
bulevardi
Established Member

Post by bulevardi »

bulevardi wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:26 pm

Will copy the files to my recording computer later to test it with the guitar :)

It works... but for some reason, when saving new made presets, my DAW shuts down each time I try to open previously saved presets.
It was a basic setup though, not an overkill stack of plugins in one preset.
Someone else with the same issue?
Will give it another try later on again ;)

Get In Touch^^
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Which DAW do you use?
Do you man vst presets in the DAW or gx presets in Guitarix?
btw. I've no issues here with both in Ardour.

On the road again.