Q re USB audio interfaces

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ForrestH
Established Member

Q re USB audio interfaces

Post by ForrestH »

All the devices I'm finding online are for connecting pro-type equipment via T-shaped jacks. What I want is something that can handle multiple inputs of 1/4" and/or 1/8". Do these even exist?

Audiojunkie
Established Member

Re: Q re USB audio interfaces

Post by Audiojunkie »

Could you post a URL of an interface with “T shaped jacks”? I’m can’t figure out what you are referring to. Every audio interface that I can think of will allow 1/4”, or 1/8” (with an adapter).

ForrestH
Established Member

Post by ForrestH »

XLR connectors. The interface-side connectors are recessed into a T shape, the plug is three-pin.

[edit]...aha! There are adapter cables! That'd do the trick...although I'd still like to know where to find the kind of box that doesn't need them.
[further edit]...and now appears the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, which does have [counts them twice] 4 1/4" line-ins on the back, which would do nicely. Where were you last night?

AndersBiork
Established Member

Post by AndersBiork »

Those "T-shaped" jacks are actually combo jacks so you can also plug in a ordinary 1/4 guitar plug there right in the middle.

My mother tongue is swedish. Running KXstudio on Xubuntu 22.04. No wine. No whine. But beers.