Disappearing drum mappings

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

Tapper
Established Member

Disappearing drum mappings

Post by Tapper »

Hi.
When I create Synth track with Sfizz, load drum library, Then create Drum track connected to this synth, create part, open in Drums editor. I see instruments in drum lists. Save project, close Muse, Open it again and there is no instrument names in Drums editor. It's an old problem. Maybe I just don't get it, but there is nothing in documentation about that. Please, help me with it.

P.s. Right now I am using "Current Master Appimage" from 2024.03.03 build. But version is irrelevant, as this problem was there always (at least I always facing it)

Impostor
Established Member

Re: Disappearing drum mappings

Post by Impostor »

Sfizz doesn't pass on any drummap info to MusE afaik. The instruments you see displayed in the drum editor, you're sure they're not just the GM defaults? If you manually load an instrument file on your drum track, that is saved with the project.

Tapper
Established Member

Post by Tapper »

Impostor wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:31 pm

Sfizz doesn't pass on any drummap info to MusE afaik. The instruments you see displayed in the drum editor, you're sure they're not just the GM defaults? If you manually load an instrument file on your drum track, that is saved with the project.

Weird. Now instruments doesn't show up at all. Even after first time. I've deleted all MuSe configs, repeated all steps mentioned above, and I still don't see any instruments.

Ok, it doesn't catch instruments on the fly, but how do I choose instruments list by hand? theImage

Tapper
Established Member

Post by Tapper »

Found it Image

Impostor
Established Member

Post by Impostor »

Tapper wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:35 pm

Found it

That's the one!