Yamaha THR10 cracks

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Dr-Mbogo

Yamaha THR10 cracks

Post by Dr-Mbogo »

Hello everybody,

This is my very first post in this forum. I am fairly new to linux and previously was in the windows world. The idea of "freedom" really attracted me to switch to linux and make my first steps here with the creation of music. Now am having a little issue that I am hoping to get solved with your help.

I am using Linux Mint on new dell inspiron notebook which has an i7-1360P and 16 gigs of ram. I think, both the cpu and the ram has enough of headroom to work as a decent audio machine (only some software synths, some guitar tracks for live looping and a couple of samples) nothing really demanding! As audiointerfaces I have an RME UFX and a yamaha THR10. While the RME and the internal audiodevice are running very well without any trouble there is an issue with the yamaha. When playing my software synthesizers (UHE Diva and Zebra) there are audible cracks every 2 to 5 seconds. I usually use reaper but even tried ardour for cross-checking. I tweaked the blocksize to higher values without success. I am using the ALSA driver. No jack. I tried to isolate the problem. When playing back "normal" audio via youtube or so there are no cracks at all while using the yamaha. Here I am stuck and have no idea how to proceed. Any ideas? Thank you very much in advance.
Chris