THR MB-Control

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

Audiojunkie
Established Member

THR MB-Control

Post by Audiojunkie »

Here's another new plugin that I discovered:

THR MB-Control

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p8832540

https://thehomerecordings.com/thr-mb-control/

Hey Everyone! I'm releasing a new plugin that I coded over the past few months, hopefully some of you find it useful!

THR MB-Control
As a passionate audio engineer or producer, you understand the complexities and nuances of multiband compression.
That's why I've developed the THR MB-Control (https://thehomerecordings.com/thr-mb-control/), a 3-Band Multiband Compressor designed to simplify yet enhance your control over this crucial process.

Key Features:
High-Quality Oversampling: Choose between 4x and 8x oversampling to maintain pristine audio quality, reducing aliasing effectively.
Intelligent Automatic Gain Compensation: Each band features automatic gain compensation, maintaining consistent levels and making adjustments more intuitive.
Tempo-Synced Release: Seamlessly integrate the compressor's release time with your track's tempo for musical compression effects.
Adaptive Attack and Release Times: Automatic attack and release settings adapt to your audio, allowing for responsive and dynamic compression without constant manual tweaking.
Per-Band Saturation Module: Add warmth or character with saturation, designed not to alter the output levels, giving each band its own flavor.
Mix Control: Blend processed and unprocessed signals for parallel compression techniques right within the plugin.
Solo and Bypass Options: Deepen your control with solo and bypass options for each band, aiding in precise adjustments.
External Sidechain Support: Expand your dynamic control by routing external signals for sidechain compression.
Transparent Oversampling Results:
To demonstrate the efficiency of the oversampling algorithm, I've conducted spectral analysis on sine sweeps.
(You can find the results on the product page since I don't want to flood the forum with additional images).

Compatibility and Availability:
Compatible with macOS, Windows and Linux.
Available in VST3, AU, and AAX formats, supporting both 64-bit and 32-bit systems.
Try it yourself with the 7-Day Free Trial!
Check out the THR MB-Control (https://thehomerecordings.com/thr-mb-control/) here.

varpa
Established Member

Re: THR MB-Control

Post by varpa »

I think this post should go in the Marketplace since it concerns closed-source commercial software. Also, its webpage does not list linux support.

autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

If it were posted by the company itself, yes. But that's not the case. I don't think the OP is affiliated with this company.

GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hmmm,

Is it "linux" news though? I would suggest it's moved to the Plugins or even non-linux software forum (if not marketplace) and I think it should be indicated just to save readers time that there is no Linux plugin at the end of the rainbow, in addition is it known to even work with yabridge?

autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

It is Linux news in the sense that the KVR forum thread mentions Linux support. @Audiojunkie did you try the Linux version of this plugin?

Audiojunkie
Established Member

Post by Audiojunkie »

autostatic wrote: ↑Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:57 pm

It is Linux news in the sense that the KVR forum thread mentions Linux support. @Audiojunkie did you try the Linux version of this plugin?

No. I have not yet tried it. I saw that it was announced that Linux is now supported, and shared the software announcement that I found, thinking that others may find the announcement to be useful news. I assume that the developer has not yet had the time to update the page, or ran into a problem. Either way, the developer announced his/her intention to provide a Linux binary, and felt that possibly someone here might have an interest. Do what you will with the announcement. πŸ™‚

GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Audiojunkie wrote: ↑Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:33 pm

No. I have not yet tried it. I saw that it was announced that Linux is now supported, and shared the software announcement that I found, thinking that others may find the announcement to be useful news. I assume that the developer has not yet had the time to update the page, or ran into a problem. Either way, the developer announced his/her intention to provide a Linux binary, and felt that possibly someone here might have an interest. Do what you will with the announcement. πŸ™‚

I sit corrected and bow low for forgiveness...

Audiojunkie
Established Member

Post by Audiojunkie »

GMaq wrote: ↑Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:45 pm

It was not my intention to correct anyone or anything. πŸ™‚ I was just explaining my thought process as to why I posted where I did. There never was anything to forgive, and I truly hope that was not the message I conveyed. πŸ™‚ I always have a hard time determining where something should be posted, and I am probably wrong in my choices more than I am right. I have no problem with moderators moving my posts to a more appropriate sub-forum. Please do accept my apologies as well, if I have indeed offended you. It was not intended. πŸ™‚

GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Audiojunkie wrote: ↑Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:23 pm
GMaq wrote: ↑Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:45 pm

It was not my intention to correct anyone or anything. πŸ™‚ I was just explaining my thought process as to why I posted where I did. There never was anything to forgive, and I truly hope that was not the message I conveyed. πŸ™‚ I always have a hard time determining where something should be posted, and I am probably wrong in my choices more than I am right. I have no problem with moderators moving my posts to a more appropriate sub-forum. Please do accept my apologies as well, if I have indeed offended you. It was not intended. πŸ™‚

All good, I'm just a smartass! I read the info you posted from the vendors website and didn't read the reference to Linux on KVR, once @autostatic brought to light there was reference to Linux then my point(s) were no longer valid..

I can admit when I'm wrong (sometimes)