Carla (help with basic nodes / 'wiring') ?

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

NomadJago
Established Member

Carla (help with basic nodes / 'wiring') ?

Post by NomadJago »

Can someone help me understand how to wire the nodes in Carla?

Carla-howtowire.jpg
Carla-howtowire.jpg (23.74 KiB) Viewed 35410 times

I added the Sonatina Orchestra .ddl (drag and drop) into Carla, but I am not sure how to wire the nodes together so that I hear sound when playing notes on my midi kbd. I was able to try connecting midi in to Sonatina, and I could see my midi notes triggering volume, but how do I connect whatever so I hear the notes? What connects to what?

Also, if I connect something (wire it), and want to disconnect that connection, how is that done?

tseaver
Established Member

Re: Carla (help with basic nodes / 'wiring') ?

Post by tseaver »

@NomadJago

[H]ow do I connect whatever so I hear the notes? What connects to what?

You want the MIDI Input (Capture 1) wired to the "event1" input of the Sonatinua, and then wire up the various Sontatina output_# ports routed to the Left and Right channels of the AudioOutput sink: at a guess, put the odd-numbered ports on the Left channel, and the even-numbered ones on the Right channel.

Also, if I connect something (wire it), and want to disconnect that connection, how is that done?

Left click on the two connected ports, then right click one of them and select "Disconnect".

Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz