Plugin In/Out Configuration in Qtractor

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

G M Slater
Established Member

Plugin In/Out Configuration in Qtractor

Post by G M Slater »

Is there a way to specify how the left/right inputs and outputs for each plugin assigned to a midi track in Qtractor are configured? For instance, if I have a synth plugin, and I want the left channel out connected to the input of one effect, but want the right channel out connected to the input of a different one.

rncbc
Established Member

Re: Plugin In/Out Configuration in Qtractor

Post by rncbc »

there's none atm.

though you may try play with send/return inserts and doing the connections crossover externally.

sorry

bluebell
Established Member

Post by bluebell »

G M Slater wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:25 pm

Is there a way to specify how the left/right inputs and outputs for each plugin assigned to a midi track in Qtractor are configured? For instance, if I have a synth plugin, and I want the left channel out connected to the input of one effect, but want the right channel out connected to the input of a different one.

You can do this kind of routing with Carla. Carla can act as a plugin in Qtractor and load and connect plugins. I use it in the Master bus to do some plugin wiring.

You can wire Left and Right inputs separately if you want.

Bildschirmfoto_2023-12-08_09-26-02.png
Bildschirmfoto_2023-12-08_09-26-02.png (77.26 KiB) Viewed 4362 times

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/

G M Slater
Established Member

Post by G M Slater »

You can do this kind of routing with Carla. Carla can act as a plugin in Qtractor and load and connect plugins. I use it in the Master bus to do some plugin wiring.

Yes, that is how I normally do it as well, but was hoping there was also a non-Carla method :). No worries, as Carla is wonderful.

quickchortle

Post by quickchortle »

bluebell wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:26 am
G M Slater wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:25 pm

Is there a way to specify how the left/right inputs and outputs for each plugin assigned to a midi track in Qtractor are configured? For instance, if I have a synth plugin, and I want the left channel out connected to the input of one effect, but want the right channel out connected to the input of a different one burrito craft

Bildschirmfoto_2023-12-08_09-26-02.png

I often do this too! it worked for me