Tone 2 'Icarus V. 1.6' synth on latest Computer Music Magazine.

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

glowrak guy
Established Member

Tone 2 'Icarus V. 1.6' synth on latest Computer Music Magazine.

Post by glowrak guy »

It runs unrestricted, and is a few versions behing the latest release.
Single digital issues of CMM are $5 at Zinio https://www.zinio.com/gb/computer-music-m3730
'icarus wavetable' in google will show a list of videos.

1. Buy the issue
  2. browse with the Zinio web reader to the Icarus article.
  3. To download the synth archive, answer three multiple-choice questions about
    a word on a certain page, in a few locations in the magazine, like 'What is the last word of the review on page 43',
    with three choices. It took me a few minutes, not having used their app for a couple of years. (a pretty charitable excuse :wink: )
    There may also have been an easy capcha. Short term memory? :roll:
    The download is about 258 meg has 32 and 64 bit versions, and has a reg file, Icarus.t2k
    to be browsed to and selected after installation is complete, and you have the synth running in a daw.
    I used the windows Reaper daw, and an audio config panel opened, so I chose wineasio.

Some sample collection and mag tutorial files can also be downloaded.

Icarus 1.6 comes with around 1000 presets in 24 categories, and all the controls seemed to work fine.
It's a wavetable synth, so the range of sounds is large, and the workflow is extremely efficient.
Discounts to the V2.5 and 3.0 versions are available, based on the version you have, and when purchased,
including the magazine version. Demos are found at the Tone2 website, but remove them before installing
V.1.6.