Greets

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

rs3

Greets

Post by rs3 »

Hey all. I've been a long-term convert to Debian (and other Linuxen) but have been working to reconcile that interest against making music. Glad to see a community built around this very idea. I've been tracking since the mid-nineties and have carried that habit forward with Schism Tracker and Renoise, but I'm also trying to think horizontally with Bitwig Studio (which I really appreciate as a natively supported option for us). Now with pipewire-jack and some seriously high quality native VSTs, producing in Linux is proving quite possible.

I have a habit of lurking and disappearing but hope to break that habit here. Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to getting involved!

Debian 12 | Bitwig, Renoise, Schism Tracker | https://www.youtube.com/@royalsefton

Basslint
Established Member

Re: Greets

Post by Basslint »

Love trackers! Welcome :D

The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Impostor
Established Member

Post by Impostor »

rs3 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:30 pm

I've been tracking since the mid-nineties and have carried that habit forward with Schism Tracker and Renoise

Schism Tracker brought me back into the game some 5 years ago. I was an Impulse Tracker user in the nineties and never could get comfortable with other trackers in the meantime. Although I have Renoise too, I can't get used to its scroll behaviour.

Welcome!

Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

Impostor wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:00 pm

Schism Tracker brought me back into the game some 5 years ago. I was an Impulse Tracker user in the nineties and never could get comfortable with other trackers in the meantime. Although I have Renoise too, I can't get used to its scroll behaviour.

There are some modern libre trackers which are nice: BambooTracker, Furnace and Radium.

The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
peter.semiletov
Established Member

Post by peter.semiletov »

There are also FastTracker clone - MilkyTracker (https://github.com/milkytracker/MilkyTracker)
Many years ago I used FastTracker and Impulse :) It was a time of FTN-based nets such as FidoNet, and at the Kiev where I live was a dedicated net of tracker musicians - DreamNet.