New member looking to blend hobbies

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Eloquent3295
Established Member

New member looking to blend hobbies

Post by Eloquent3295 »

Hello everyone! New member currently in the U.S. Been using GNU/Linux now for about 4 years, played guitar since I was a kid. I would like to think I have an open ear for many types of music, but I most often find myself listening to Blues, Metal, and hip-hop. I love finding artists from different nations who spin styles I am familiar with in different ways, and I'm looking forward to the perspective and inspiration I may gain from this community.

I also find myself loving older media. Classic animation, cartoons, console games, etc. Recently spent a bit of sick time watching the Batman Animated Series, playing the SNES Bomberman, and listening to Digable Planets. If anyone else enjoys old samurai flicks, detective radio shows, or anything else from the best of yesteryear: I'd love to trade suggestions!

Basslint
Established Member

Re: New member looking to blend hobbies

Post by Basslint »

Welcome! As for old media, my suggestion for today if you haven't watched it already is...how old? I'll go with a great movie from the 50s, "La strada" by Federico Fellini.

The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!