GeekOSDAW, does it work with Tumbleweed?

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GMaq
Established Member

GeekOSDAW, does it work with Tumbleweed?

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

Real question is in the title... but before anyone reads into anything, Rolling release is something of a curiosity to me but there is a LOT I love about Debian Stable and I know very little of other Distros but openSUSE seems to be a well run organization.

I rarely Distro hop but if I wanted to take a VM vacation and see the scenery somewhere else does GeekOSDAW work with openSUSE Tumbleweed?

Also, BTW you guys are doing a terrific job, the Package lists are quite something! Kudos!

sjzstudio
Established Member

Re: GeekOSDAW, does it work with Tumbleweed?

Post by sjzstudio »

I don't know the answer to the question, but they seem to have their own group on Telegram.
https://www.t.me/geekosdaw

Daniele71
Established Member

Post by Daniele71 »

GMaq wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:27 pm

Hi,

Real question is in the title... but before anyone reads into anything, Rolling release is something of a curiosity to me but there is a LOT I love about Debian Stable and I know very little of other Distros but openSUSE seems to be a well run organization.

I rarely Distro hop but if I wanted to take a VM vacation and see the scenery somewhere else does GeekOSDAW work with openSUSE Tumbleweed?

Also, BTW you guys are doing a terrific job, the Package lists are quite something! Kudos!

Nowdays TW is the most supported version and it'great! All packagers are on TW. Leap sometimes it's bit problematic duet to some old packages but it's still supported.

Someone has already suggested you the telegram group, join un !

My music: Youtube
GeekOsDaw: GeekOsDaw

Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

Or our Matrix channel (not everyone uses telegram) https://matrix.to/#/#geekosdaw:matrix.org
also viewtopic.php?p=156003#p156003

Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

GMaq wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:27 pm

Thanks! We just tried to collect the wonderful work of many FLOSS developers. I would personally consider the repo feature-complete because we have high-quality software covering all major areas of music-making but I gladly take any criticisms to improve it.

The only kind of software I can think of that is missing right now is an alternative to Melodyne. You can do a lot of pitch and time manipulations in Ardour (thanks to its internal tools and Lua scripts, as well as some plugins like x42-autotune) but there is no program that automatically transcribes your audio to MIDI and lets you edit individual notes. I am no big fan of that kind of manipulation and I prefer re-takes but I can see its usefulness in a professional context. I wish someone will work on a program like that!

The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!