The March

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

nonsequitarian
Established Member

The March

Post by nonsequitarian »

Hi all,

The March is a dark, emotional improvisation with me on guitar and a dear friend on Roland Handsonic and a looper, with a few production touches added after the fact. My guitar went through a Boss Katana minus the cab emulation, into Carla with a Vox AC30 cabinet IR, into Ardour. The looper output went directly into Ardour, as did the feed from the Rode NT-1 mic that I stood up in the room.

I'm pleased with my playing on this, not because it's particularly technical or anything, but because this marks first time I've improvised a lengthy guitar piece that feels like it actually goes somewhere, and isn't just idle noodling. It's best experienced in an immersive environment, and goes well with a bit of cannabis, if you're into that sort of thing.

kamiluni
Established Member

Re: The March

Post by kamiluni »

I listened the song, it is very very long one :o :) .
It is a kind of music I'm not able to fully understand but I love to listen everything.
Have it an usage for some video or backgrounds?
Anyway technically it is well performed, but some noise at the beginning that can be cut away very easily (if not artistically not wanted).
Thanks for share!
KL

Linux OS: Manjaro
Intruments: Yamaha MODX8; Korg Nautilus; Yamaha Tyros 3, Akai Force, Korg ModWave, Upright bass, Electric bass
Audio Card: MOTU M4
Monitors: Yamaha HS8, Auratone, M-Audio BX5, PreSonus Eris E3.5
Engineer and Musician

Impostor
Established Member

Re: The March

Post by Impostor »

The song is interesting, but the build-up takes too long for me. The first 5 minutes could be compressed into maybe 2 at most? Second part is really good.