Akai MPD218 - 6 knobs for all plugin/track parameters

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Vrangor
Established Member

Akai MPD218 - 6 knobs for all plugin/track parameters

Post by Vrangor »

HI! I want to use the knobs from mpd218 to set parameters for all plugins and tracks, and i managed to do it in some way. I can tweak learned parameters of currently visible plugin gui and currently selected track. the problem is the knobs "remember" their values from previous actions, so when i for example set volume of track1 with a knob to zero and switch to track 2 turning the same knob sets the volume of track 2 to zero and starts from there, regardless what volume was there before. the same is for plugins. How to make knobs "forget" their old values and just tweak starting from existing ones?
milkii
Established Member

Re: Akai MPD218 - 6 knobs for all plugin/track parameters

Post by milkii »

Afaiu, software can deal with this by having a 'catch-up' or whatever it's called mode, where, if the value coming from the knob is suddenly nowhere near the prior value, the actual value "output" doesn't change until the new value coming in matches the prior value, at which point the new value starts to be passed on.

they/them ta / libreav.org / wiki.thingsandstuff.org/Audio and related pages / gh

Vrangor
Established Member

Re: Akai MPD218 - 6 knobs for all plugin/track parameters

Post by Vrangor »

milkii wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:35 pm Afaiu, software can deal with this by having a 'catch-up' or whatever it's called mode, where, if the value coming from the knob is suddenly nowhere near the prior value, the actual value "output" doesn't change until the new value coming in matches the prior value, at which point the new value starts to be passed on.
Yeah, that's the way I supposed it to work. More, as these knobs are endless rotating I thought they really have no own value and just alter whatever they get. Just like mouse wheel. It's just like Reaper (I forgot to mention it's Reaper) not seeing tracks or plug-ins switching.