[Solved] Plug in Essential Harrison Mixbus don't wiev in ardour 5.12 list

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

gennargiu
Established Member

[Solved] Plug in Essential Harrison Mixbus don't wiev in ardour 5.12 list

Post by gennargiu »

hello i have a problem with ardour 5.12. Until this morning I looked in the list of plugins in the harrison where a few days ago I bought on offer the plug in essential package. Having downloaded a few weeks ago the ardour version 5.12 directly from ardour site being a donor and subscriber the plugins were regularly seen in the list. From this afternoon this list is no longer available, thank you for your help and best regards :wink:

gennaro
Last edited by gennargiu on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: Plug in Essential Harrison Mixbus don't wiev in ardour 5.12 list

Post by sysrqer »

Did you try rescanning from the ardour preferences?
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

sysrqer wrote:Did you try rescanning from the ardour preferences?
Hi sysrqer,Thanks again i got ardour and cleaned the vst blacklist section (in preferences Ardour 5.12), and now I get the plugins of the harrison including those i have acquired and that is the plug in essential package :wink:

gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
gennargiu
Established Member

Re: [Solved] Plug in Essential Harrison Mixbus don't wiev in ardour 5.12 list

Post by gennargiu »

Unfortunately after the scanning renewed the problem has reappeared, again not appear in the list of harrison plugins :roll:
Luc
Established Member

Post by Luc »

You should probably contact Harrison. I hear they have a good support line.
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

In my copy licence of mixbus 4.2.74 plug in package essential work perfect and open it . This is a screenshot of my plug in g verb with licence

The problem is only in Ardour in the kx studio version. The list of all harrison Plugins was removed because commercials and users did not want to have demo versions in the plugins list. I understand this problem, but I just want to understand who has paid for a license as to how to make the Ardour version downloaded from the manufacturer's site so that you can use the plugins that are purchased in that program. :wink:

gennaro
Luc
Established Member

Post by Luc »

Sorry to bother you, but I am curious: why do you still want to use Ardour when you have Harrison Mixbus?
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

Luc wrote:Sorry to bother you, but I am curious: why do you still want to use Ardour when you have Harrison Mixbus?
Hi Luc, because i like to use different gnu linux programs for music production like ardour, mixbus, qtractor, lmms, paulstretch, cecilia, sooperlooper, mixx and many more ... :wink:
Luc
Established Member

Post by Luc »

gennargiu wrote:Hi Luc, because i like to use different gnu linux programs for music production like ardour, mixbus, qtractor, lmms, paulstretch, cecilia, sooperlooper, mixx and many more ... :wink:
Yes, that makes sense, but Ardour and Mixbus are almost the same, and I believe we are supposed to think that Mixbus is the better one.
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

Luc wrote:
gennargiu wrote:Hi Luc, because i like to use different gnu linux programs for music production like ardour, mixbus, qtractor, lmms, paulstretch, cecilia, sooperlooper, mixx and many more ... :wink:
Yes, that makes sense, but Ardour and Mixbus are almost the same, and I believe we are supposed to think that Mixbus is the better one.
two great programs based on the same graphics interface, only that mixbus has mainly oriented its development on the mixer part by tracing the traditional Harrison's analog consoles and thus focusing mainly on the part that revolves around the analog style mix.
They are my two favorite programs for audio production on Gnu Linux :wink:

gennaro
CraigPid
Established Member

Post by CraigPid »

I'm not positive but I think Harrison has their own plug-in directory. You might try finding where it stores it's plug-ins and add that to Ardour's plug in search paths.
carlv
Established Member

Post by carlv »

In my Ardour's Preferences -> Plugins, the only search path editing option there is under -> VST. The Essentials pack are lv2s. I copied from their Mixbus resting place over to the ~Home .lv2 directory and all has been in well both Mixbus and Ardour land.
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

carlv wrote:In my Ardour's Preferences -> Plugins, the only search path editing option there is under -> VST. The Essentials pack are lv2s. I copied from their Mixbus resting place over to the ~Home .lv2 directory and all has been in well both Mixbus and Ardour land.
hello carlvI followed your advice and finally also in ardour i can review the list of plugins in harriosn obviously including those i have purchased ie the plug in essential. Thanks for your help. :wink:

gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

CraigPid wrote:I'm not positive but I think Harrison has their own plug-in directory. You might try finding where it stores it's plug-ins and add that to Ardour's plug in search paths.
Hi CraigPid,yes Harrison has plug in directory. I have a copy from it's and past home/lib/lv2 :wink: and solved problem

gennaro
carlv
Established Member

Re: [Solved] Plug in Essential Harrison Mixbus don't wiev in ardour 5.12 list

Post by carlv »

Happy to be able to... :)