Vst in lmms.

Post fully complete "how to" guides and tutorials here. This is a great place to get feedback on stuff you might put in the wiki.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

hlblyhipy
Established Member

Vst in lmms.

Post by hlblyhipy »

Hi newbie problem here.While watching an lmms tutorial on youtube.I heard a vst of indian instruments that sounded good.The plugin was called dsk indian dreamz.In the tutorial it show an instrument plugin by the name vestige,but in my lmms there is no such listing.I downloaded the zip file into lmms only the dll.But when I try to open it i get this

The plugin "" wasn't found or could not be loaded!
Reason: "Cannot load library /usr/bin/../lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lmms/: (/usr/bin/../lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lmms/: cannot read file data: Is a directory)"
Im currently using ubuntustudio 14.04

I have wine installed but am at a loss as to how to get this plug in to work.Any help would be greatly appreiciated.
hlblyhipy
Established Member

Re: Vst in lmms.

Post by hlblyhipy »

yes i am using 64 bit and have gotten the proper repos.I also have wine installed .I think the problem is I need to assign /usr/lib/lmms to wine and i dony know how to do that
diizy
Established Member

Re: Vst in lmms.

Post by diizy »

I'm not sure which packages Ubuntu studio uses, but if they use the same package as offered by the main Ubuntu repos, then the package they offer is completely broken, unstable and unusable. We've tried to get the Ubuntu maintainers to replace the broken package, but they just don't seem to care. If it's that Ubuntu package, you're better off getting LMMS from literally anywhere else.