Is falkTX gone?

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

GuntherT
Established Member

Is falkTX gone?

Post by GuntherT »

In his last post, falkTX said he was taking his final action on this forum and hasn't posted since. That was over two weeks ago. Did we lose him? That would be very disappointing if we did.
Last edited by GuntherT on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
khz
Established Member

Re: Is falkTX gone?

Post by khz »

I'd find it a shame too. I fear it, but I don't know anything about it. It had *presumption* to do with viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19056?
I hope it clears up to the positive.
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
rghvdberg
Established Member

Post by rghvdberg »

Falktx afaik is liking into setting up a "standalone" kxstudio forum.
Frank Carvalho
Established Member

Post by Frank Carvalho »

Please keep us posted!
Vox, Selmer, Yamaha and Leslie amplifiers. Rickenbacker, Epiphone, Ibanez, Washburn, Segovia, Yamaha and Fender guitars. Hammond, Moog, Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Crumar, Ensoniq and Mellotron keyboards. Xubuntu+KXStudio recording setup.
protozone
Established Member

Post by protozone »

That's too bad if he took off.
In other odd news, I came back, though :lol:

I'm in the early-stage process of rekindling a new cheap Linux-DAW from yet another used/recycled PC.
I had some success with WattOS last time, but this time I think I'll go back to something more readymade.

The WattOS approach worked out in some nice ways though; it was so minimal that there was less to break.
The downside was that it was based upon a distro branch lacking frequent updates, though still very compatible.

The other upswing is that I was able to rescue the bulk of my system backups long after my previous DAW got infected.
I really need to stay away from a certain security website. Every time I go there, it's a matter of days or weeks before I get hacked.

But having spent so much time away from composing and Linux admin stuff, I feel somewhat refreshed.
And last but not least, I was able to shake off some of the stalker element that was making my life a living hell!
I still got kinda badly hurt four more times, but I'm working on a technique to push back against that type of thing permanently.

Back on topic, I'm glad this site is still going. This is one of my favorite sites.
Thanks for keeping this nice place going.

Peace.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

protozone wrote:In other odd news, I came back, though :lol:
Sorry to hear that you're going through a rough spot, and I hope things get better. Even though we work on very different styles of music, I enjoy listening to your work and reading your comments.
protozone
Established Member

Post by protozone »

Michael Willis wrote:
protozone wrote:In other odd news, I came back, though :lol:
Sorry to hear that you're going through a rough spot, and I hope things get better. Even though we work on very different styles of music, I enjoy listening to your work and reading your comments.
wow, thanks so much! That's really kind of you to say that. I have enjoyed your tunes also.
Things have finally started going a bit better for me lately, but I am starting from scratch again.
But I think I'll be alright.

Today I spent the day getting my Linux DAW mostly set up again. So that was relaxing and encouraging.
Tomorrow I gotta figure out some techniques for long-term housing though! Ouch! :D

But I figure, without some hobbies I have nothing to live for. So I got my hobbies up and running again first, before actual housing.