Simple_Magic

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

protozone
Established Member

Simple_Magic

Post by protozone »

This time it's just a pretty simple cheerful tune--no lyrics, no intelligence messages, not hardcore.
The arpeggiation was inspired by a few tunes by the shoegazer crossover band The Curve (Toni Haliday/Dean Garcia/etc).
I hope you like it. It's a FREE DOWNLOAD as usual. It's called "Simple_Magic". Here you go:

https://hearthis.at/protozone/simplemagic/

This tune has been done for several weeks--I couldn't figure out how to add anything else to it and it's OK as is. I have more tunes coming, but it might be a while because I don't have all the tools I need or a decent place to compose anymore for a while.

By the way, I recently completely moved more than 400 miles away from my previous town and state. I was getting abused pretty severely and repeatedly for several years. I got really ticked off and fed up and the local supporters weren't doing enough to help me. My family and other so-called "supporters" were actually complicit with the abuse and others just made it worse.

I realised that if I stayed there, I'd either end up committing suicide or getting hurt worse by them until they disabled me more or just killed me. I can't stand for any of that, so I thankfully left the whole region. It was one of the best decisions of my life. If possible, I am going to try and assist law enforcement agencies and human rights watchdog groups and whistleblowers to fight against the kind of corruption and abuses I experienced as did many other people. Actually, I have already assisted a little bit, but I can possibly do more. I just need to make sure that nobody is going to retaliate against me--the people who abused me are vicious, insidious, relentless, and without empathy nor remorse (pretty much sociopaths!).

On the plus side, I still have all my tunes and audio programs and archives of Linux and Linux DAW stuff. I'm able to access local wifi stuff in my new temporary hometown too. The place that I moved to is nice, but I might not stay here--yet it's good enough for now. People have been really good to me, thank goodness. Since I still have ambitions, I'll be moving on elsewhere to try to achieve greater stability and long-term successes.

That's why I haven't been posting as much lately and why I haven't been able to do as much Linux and computer stuff as usual.

However, I did recently get a new DAW system running (even though I had to sell my MIDI keyboard and monitors to make space for traveling). Thankfully, I'm no longer living in such a messed-up place. My health has improved immensely and I got away from some extremely abusive people. I will not be going back there again for the rest of my life. However, I will be moving again at the beginning of next month to yet another location. I will continue to be making free download electronic music though, so don't worry.

My current Linux DAW OS is smaller and leaner than before. However, I'm still trying to get it a bit more optimized for audio. It has all the programs I need, but I'm trying to completely eliminate all buffer underruns (xruns). So far it's workable. I used a different OS base than before. MX Linux was fun and nice, but a bit too bloated for me. This time I tried using a more minimal OS as a foundation.

In the next few weeks I'm going to also try to create a DAW on a totally different Linux distro on an extra removable hard drive I keep with me. If it goes well, I'll try to post up the infos here on Linux Musicians.

Peace be with everyone.
Last edited by protozone on Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: Simple_Magic

Post by jonetsu »

The interwoven themes makes for a very nice piece. Wouldn't be calling it cheerful per se, although the brighter theme finds its way in there, which is one charming aspect. Another one is made of the sudden bass drops which also are weaving their way. I'd say a nice yin/yang piece/peace.

Wishing you the best of times to come !

Cheers.
protozone
Established Member

Post by protozone »

Thanks very much, jonetsu. Your kind words and thoughtful listening is much appreciated.
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

Rather strange. I don't really know what to make of it :?
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
protozone
Established Member

Post by protozone »

folderol wrote:Rather strange. I don't really know what to make of it :?
hehehe. I appreciate your honesty, folderol. Still very much a legitimate response. Thanks.