Who's educated?

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

sysrqer
Established Member

Re: Who's educated?

Post by sysrqer »

42low wrote: Altruïsm is tupid, as also said.
Please show me where that was said, anywhere in the thread.

Edit: don't bother, this is absolute nonsense.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

42low wrote:
sysrqer wrote:
42low wrote: Altruïsm is tupid, as also said.
Please show me where that was said, anywhere in the thread.
Teasing. Quote as defence. And then later twist that "it isn't said". How obvious.
No, you twisted my words, it is as simple as that. No where in the thread have I said that but yet there is in your post.
42low wrote: Asking myself, isn't that part of the definition off trolling?
You're already on my ignore list for a while as you only start shitty discussions and not that often are altruïstic as you yourself confirm by discussing against it, not the first time. How obvious :roll:
Suit yourself mate. Seems quite obvious who the troll is when they can't have a conversation with a single person on this board.
42low wrote: What made you like that?
I for a long time was at active at levels were egoism is rather common, and altruism was much less common. Even that didn't pull me down but even confirmed me egoism is something really bad. Although i had reasons enough to become negative, but i didn't because negativity will eventually eat you.
So i advice you and everyone. Simply stop being negative, and start to be real nice to people. You'll experience it will benefit you (and that otherone) very quickly.

It's really is that simple and easy.
Funny, all you ever post about is how much of a victim you are and how unfair everything is.
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

To be honest I didn't get the point of all of this. :roll:
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

lilith wrote:To be honest I didn't get the point of all of this. :roll:
I'm not sure I follow, either, but I don't have any formal education in music theory or sound engineering... I used an oscilloscope once or twice as an electronics hobbyist... and... what were we talking about? I think I'll get back to writing music and developing my reverb plugin now.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

Later alligator.
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

Honestly 42low, please stop being annoying and self centered.

I come here to read about linux audio, and not for reading about how you feel misunderstood by the world. If you really feel a strong need to post about how you feel mistreated, then please do so in ONE post and then let it go...

These regularly occurring (imo) moaning threads are annoying me more and more...
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

Jack Winter wrote:then please do so in ONE post and then let it go...
Sounds reasonable.
Talk to each other (all) and find a consensus.
I think it's sad. I haven't been here for about 10 years (linuxmusicians) and only meet so few users here (Total members 8010 ).
Please talk to each other. Objectively/honestly and so that the conversation goes forward and does not go round in circles or worse.
Here IMHO are all kinds of people. So professional/hobby/DIY/..., electro/classic/pop/...,. .../.../... Musician. That some users in the computer area probably more DIY/Hacker(GNU)/... is to be assumed. ~Individualists.
Many other users use Windows, some Apple and their drivers and software.

We are few GNU'S. Together:forward.
:-) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic :-)
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
nikgnomicradio
Established Member

Post by nikgnomicradio »

42low wrote:... topic is disappeared?? Vanished??
Why? Is it forbidden to ask for educational skills and knowledge level for weighing reliability of information? Is there something to hide?
my concern is that governments use fallacy "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" as pretext for snooping
and yet I cannot talk about 7 years of my work at all because I signed the government papers on 3 consecutive jobs
...and data protection issues since GPDR is a mess that may never get resolved
Not implying anything about you, but questions like this can appear to be phishing
I don't think it should be forbidden to ask
But any answer should be considered carefully

considering 50% of any college education is obsolete 5 years later, don't see any point mentioning my qualifications from 3 decades ago
Most skills/knowledge I rely upon now is from my own personal study
I am helping friends with Linux who (on paper) should be capable of helping me, but they didn't maintain and update their knowledge as much
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

Oh I haven't been here at Linuxmusicians for about years, think the last time was like 2012 (because of moderator ;-) ).
Please clarify this (among yourselves?), quickly and result-oriented. Respect, dialectics and such would be nice and... see above .. .
That is my wish as a user.

cheers
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

42low wrote:... topic is disappeared?? Vanished?? Why? Is it forbidden to ask for educational skills and knowledge level for weighing reliability of information?
Doctors needs studies to tell us that eating a apple a day is good for you.

I am not a doctor and I know it.

Doctors were saying that opioids will not produce any harm. Look at how extremely bad the situation concerning OxyContin, Percocet, Tylox, Palladone use is in the USA and other countries.

So, why do you need to know educational skills to gauge the replies of people for reliability here on this board ?
Last edited by jonetsu on Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

42low wrote: Too me too. Go tell it the fuckers who now and before react unpleasant on an ontopic reaction and set the unpleasant atmosphere.
And the use of that word and the tone you use are meant to set a pleasant atmosphere ?
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

nikgnomicradio wrote:my concern is that governments use fallacy "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" as pretext for snooping
They can do it. And companies can sell Cheez Whiz as if it were food. This is the world we live in where liberty prevails. The problem is the reception at the other end. People actually buying Cheez Whiz and in the former case people not realizing that if they adopt a "nothing to hide" attitude they are in fact creating a major, unsettling, stress-generating unbalance since on the other side the government hide at will when it comes to business transactions, how the people's money is spent, etc, etc, etc.

Since this is a musician's board, let's have some music.

Laibach live with the Slovenian symphonic orchestra, "Resistance is Futile"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8JZbjh10Ng

Cheers.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

42low wrote:
jonetsu wrote:
42low wrote: Too me too. Go tell it the fuckers who now and before react unpleasant on an ontopic reaction and set the unpleasant atmosphere.
And the use of that word and the tone you use are meant to set a pleasant atmosphere ?
Not me who set the atmosphere. Don't fals accuse me.
AGAIN!!! It wasn't me who started to communicate i a very unpleasant way. It's how the story got twisted around. And people who do so i call fuckers yeah.
Let's see ... 6 hours difference. That makes it roughly 2:30am.
Lyberta
Established Member

Post by Lyberta »

42low wrote:
Lyberta wrote:
42low wrote:The adviced and proven best quality for the hearing is about 90 khz
Total bullshit. Most humans can't hear more than 20kHz. My hearing ends at about 17 kHz. So 40kHz sampling rate is enough to cover all of the human hearing.
Again one who's on my ignore list who again is trying to put some oil on the fire.
How predictable each time the same ones turning up for "a fun rumble". It's starting to look as a wulf pack :lol: . 3 already shown up. That are still not all and i wonder if another on my "ignore list one" will jump in it. :mrgreen: Predictable too?
I don't like when you spread lies consistently and defend them without any facts. I get annoyed at that.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Take a rest, hear some musik:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdDhV45lYHU

:wink:
On the road again.