Writing Music

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

angus.hendrick
Established Member

Writing Music

Post by angus.hendrick »

I'm dangerously close to being 50 years old and I have not followed through on a dream that was born when I was 15: to write some music. I have a goal of writing an album by the end of 2018. I'm posting about my efforts at http://dangeroustoons.blogspot.com. I'm using Linux tools, including Ardour, Drumgizmo, Cadence, and of course Jack, and I will be include info about those, as well as the experience of overcoming 30+ years worth of stage fright and writer's block.
folderol
Established Member

Re: Writing Music

Post by folderol »

Best of luck.
Don't get too bogged down with detail at first, just get the ideas down in some form - even if it's just humming into a mic. Nobody else will ever hear those bits :lol:
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
magicalex
Established Member

Post by magicalex »

Good luck!
ufug
Established Member

Post by ufug »

Excellent plan, Angus. Looking forward to hearing what you come up with and following your process.

You might be interested in attempting one of these February challenges along the way:
RPM Challenge
FAWM

I know it's crazy to think of doing it in just one month, but thousands of folks participate in these things and pull it off despite work and family obligations. It's fun, there's no judgment, and nothing works better than a deadline.

Try it if you can--even if you don't finish, you'll have a bunch of stuff to work with for the next ten months :)
listenable at c6a7.org