Need some newbie help

Discuss your workplace, instruments, amps, and any other gear.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

RockinRiley
Established Member

Need some newbie help

Post by RockinRiley »

I have a Behringer Um2 on the way. I have read it is best to use Studio Monitors for sound with these.

(Oh, I guess I should say I am going to use this for Electric Guitar with Guitarix!!!)

I have a pair of VERY nice Jbl Venue Series monitors UNPowered. I would like to use these for the output. What would you recommend I use as an amp for the best sound? I have a pioneer 100 watt amplifier (aka home stereo) but I am concerned the best sound will not be had.
AndersBiork
Established Member

Re: Need some newbie help

Post by AndersBiork »

If you have good sound coming through your pc -> Pioneer amp -> JBL monitors at the present it surely will sound nice with guitarix. I would not expect any problem with that.

My mother tongue is swedish. Running KXstudio on Xubuntu 22.04. No wine. No whine. But beers.

Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

I don't know how "newbie" you are, but first check that the impedance rating matches on the speakers and the amp. It will be measured in ohms, indicated by the capital omega greek letter, like 8Ω or 6Ω. If they do match, wire everything up and just start playing. If it sounds ok, don't be too much of a gear head, just make some music right now. You can always buy more gear later.
RockinRiley
Established Member

Post by RockinRiley »

Sorry, I have been around audio/visual for ever, but I tend to study everything to death when I start something new, so that has happened here.
My impedance matches, and I have a very nice pioneer amp. Guess I will do that then, thanks everyone.