Mr. E's

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Michael Willis
Established Member

Mr. E's

Post by Michael Willis »

This is a rough draft, intended to be a progressive rock song. My friend who told me he would record electric guitar and bass parts has as of yet not done much, and there isn't a rock percussion track yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hzpbcy94vfsc ... 8.mp3?dl=0

For those who are interested, I'm using Ardour, LinuxSampler, Virtual Playing Orchestra, Maestro Grand Piano, Bristol mini moog emulator, and Freeverb3 Hibiki Reverb. Although I did a lot of midi music ages ago, this is the first time I've come close to making a full-length piece of music with a DAW.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: Mr. E's

Post by Michael Willis »

You shouldn't need a login. Yes, drop box insists on showing that pop over dialog asking you to sign in, but you can click the X in the corner to make it go away.

I've tried to sign up for a sound cloud account multiple times and always get an error.

EDIT: Just tried to create a sound cloud account again. The page says "Something unexpected happen. Try again."

I used Chrome's dev tools to view the http response: {error: "[{error_message:422 - Unprocessable Entity}]"}
kbongosmusic
Established Member

Post by kbongosmusic »

I liked it. The dropbox dialog is confusing, but after hitting the no thanks at the bottom you get a nice web player that worked fine.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

Thanks for the feedback, sorry about the confusion with dropbox... I really wanted to use soundcloud, but I think there was some glitch when I first tried to sign up that is causing me continual problems.
The piano. With pianoroll? Or by hand? I guess the last option.
I'm trying to get more in the habit of hitting the record button in Ardour and playing on the digital piano. This project was probably about half and half. I did the piano verse by hand, and made edits to it with the piano roll, and then copy/pasted the part a number of times. I'm still not satisfied with the copy/paste part, I want some variations in the verses, so at some point I want to go through and fix that.
AlexTheBassist
Established Member

Post by AlexTheBassist »

NIce piece. Somehow reminded me of early Nightwish.
Being creative does not imply being lazy, stupid, or illiterate.

Working in Harrison Mixbus and Ardour on KDE Neon + KXStudio.