Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 'Sploded

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

CrocoDuck
Established Member

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 'Sploded

Post by CrocoDuck »

Well, I've purchesed a brand new Scarlett 2i4 soundcard. I was starting being amazed about how it was working good out of the box with my ArchBang setup. I was. Because as soon as I pressed the 48V button to make a test take with my Samson C03... the magic stopped. The inputs are not working at all... the outputs are just sending a awful high pitched noise... and I am sad as a baby with a broken toy :cry: ... that played with his new toy for less then an hour...

So, this looks like a work for Captain Warranty, but have you ever experienced this issue with this device or other Focusrite devices?

Did using linux void the warranty?

This guy had a similar issue: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-co ... nutes.html
AlexTheBassist
Established Member

Re: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 'Sploded

Post by AlexTheBassist »

CrocoDuck wrote:So, this looks like a work for Captain Warranty, but have you ever experienced this issue with this device or other Focusrite devices?
Never.
CrocoDuck wrote:Did using linux void the warranty?
It should not because +48V switch is hardware. Then it's a hardware issue.
Being creative does not imply being lazy, stupid, or illiterate.

Working in Harrison Mixbus and Ardour on KDE Neon + KXStudio.
cowboystitching
Established Member

Post by cowboystitching »

Definitely a hardware issue. Unless you opened it up and tinkered around with the parts there would be no reason that the warranty would be voided. Sounds like you got a faulty unit; you could probably take it back to the shop you bought it from.
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Post by CrocoDuck »

cowboystitching wrote:Definitely a hardware issue. Unless you opened it up and tinkered around with the parts there would be no reason that the warranty would be voided. Sounds like you got a faulty unit; you could probably take it back to the shop you bought it from.
Yeah! It is what I did. The replacemente will arrive today. I will let you know if it works good or my computer is a focusirte burner :wink:
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Post by CrocoDuck »

Ok, the new one is working. It was just a faulty device, as expected. Warranty worked. I am celebrating playbacking some cool tune right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXVF320SvoU