Uninstalling Reaper...?

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

babaguy
Established Member

Uninstalling Reaper...?

Post by babaguy »

Hello All !

I'm running Puppy Studio 3.3 on a Toshiba laptop (Equium), with an Intel Centrino processor (the previous Athlon processor fried itself somewhere along the way - the computer is a welcome hand-me-down ! )...

I would like to uninstall REAPER, as it's a proprietary program that comes bundled with Puppy Studio 3.3...

I've searched the Puppy Linux Forum, but perhaps not as exhaustively as i might - Just inquiring HERE among the more knowledgeable - How to fully uninstall Reaper...?

Reason I ask: Using "Quick Pet" Reaper is not listed as a program there to uninstall...

Any answers will be *much* appreciated ! Thanks in advance !
"One who hears the music of God in his heart – such wonderful music, for it is the Original Music – loses his bodily consciousness and sees God everywhere." - Meher Baba
babaguy
Established Member

Re: Uninstalling Reaper...?

Post by babaguy »

Hello Again, All -

I posted this same question on the Puppy Linux Forum and have received a Most Excellent reply and Heads-UP! about how to properly create a RE-MASTER CD of the *new* Puppy (Studio, in this case - without REAPER) -

There is a link to a splendid Flash-made "Power Point" TYPE presentation by the splendid Cat Dude from the Puppy Linux Forum - Really helpful -

Here's the entire thread: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69461

I'm going to go ahead (at some point) and delete (" rm ") my currently included REAPER (as per directions of Karl Godt ) and I'll let you know how I get on in a few days' time, as I have to pay a modicum of attention to Significant Other-ess tomorrow - Sunday too, probably...!

Onward!

- Babaguy
"One who hears the music of God in his heart – such wonderful music, for it is the Original Music – loses his bodily consciousness and sees God everywhere." - Meher Baba