Guitarix.vst v0.2 released

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

tramp
Established Member

Guitarix.vst v0.2 released

Post by tramp »

Guitarix.vst is the full blown guitarix stack as VST3 plugin for Linux, using Juce to wrap the guitarix engine into a VST3 plugin.
It allow to load/save your presets, download presets from online and load external LV2 plugs and IR Files, like the guitarix stand-alone version.
But all that as a VST3 plugin in your DAW. All parameters been exposed to the DAW, so accessible for automation.
Other than the stand-alone, the VST3 version allows to switch the input to a real stereo input, so it may match better your channel strip in the DAW.
For Hdpi users, the GUI is full scalable.

This release fix a issue with startup sequence in Ardour.
Also fixed been the issues with the binary like `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found. The binary use now pretty standard libstdc++ symbols.
It also introduce support for the Neural Amp Modeler so it's now possible to load *.nam files into a modeler module.

Attached binary package Guitarix.vst3.zip is a x86-64 Linux binary.

To build from source please use the Guitarix.vst3_0.2.tar.gz package, as only that one contain the needed submodules.

If you like to support the guitarix.vst development consider a donation: Donate

On the road again.
Audiojunkie
Established Member

Re: Guitarix.vst v0.2 released

Post by Audiojunkie »

tramp wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:30 pm

Guitarix.vst is the full blown guitarix stack as VST3 plugin for Linux, using Juce to wrap the guitarix engine into a VST3 plugin.
It allow to load/save your presets, download presets from online and load external LV2 plugs and IR Files, like the guitarix stand-alone version.
But all that as a VST3 plugin in your DAW. All parameters been exposed to the DAW, so accessible for automation.
Other than the stand-alone, the VST3 version allows to switch the input to a real stereo input, so it may match better your channel strip in the DAW.
For Hdpi users, the GUI is full scalable.

This release fix a issue with startup sequence in Ardour.
Also fixed been the issues with the binary like `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found. The binary use now pretty standard libstdc++ symbols.
It also introduce support for the Neural Amp Modeler so it's now possible to load *.nam files into a modeler module.

Attached binary package Guitarix.vst3.zip is a x86-64 Linux binary.

To build from source please use the Guitarix.vst3_0.2.tar.gz package, as only that one contain the needed submodules.

If you like to support the guitarix.vst development consider a donation: Donate

This deserves another donation! Money sent! It’s worth every penny! Thank you for your fantastic work!

tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

@Audiojunkie Many Thanks, that's very much appreciated.

Let me have some words to the provided binary. While it works on nearly any Linux distribution and version (should at least be the latest stable version from a distribution) it truly cant be fully optimised. To get a full optimised version one needs to build it from source. On slightly modern CPU's that could reduce the DSP load by roughly 40%. In special the new NAM module benefit from micro code optimisation.
To build from source, on debian based systems the following apt command will pull in all the needed dependencies:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libcurl4-gnutls-dev libfreetype6-dev libglibmm-2.4-dev libglib2.0-dev libsigc++-2.0-dev libfftw3-dev libsndfile1-dev liblilv-dev liblrdf0-dev libboost-iostreams-dev libstdc++6 libc6-dev libgcc-s1 libasound2-dev libgtk-3-dev libavahi-gobject-dev libavahi-glib-dev libavahi-client-dev libeigen3-dev libboost-system-dev

after that a simple make will compile a fully optimised binary for your system.

On the road again.
dan_flash
Established Member

Post by dan_flash »

Outstanding work on this brummer, I've barely played with it (just bare bones test to make sure it works) but felt compelled to donate anyway.

Great stuff, good man, long may your fine work continue.

tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Thank you very much @dan_flash :D

On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

btw. @Kott The issue with the "main" tag is solved as well now. Nightly builds using now the "Latest" as tag.

On the road again.
skei
Established Member

Post by skei »

Gave it a quick test earlier today.. Threw it on some old guitar DI tracks I had lying around.. Did just some quick tweaks, so haven't tested it very much, but from what I heard so far, this sounds great! And it uses less cpu than the other amp/cab sims I've been using, which is a plus when experimenting with 10-15 guitar tracks, hehe. So I will absolutely dive into this more! Thanks a lot!!

Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

tramp wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:57 pm

btw. @Kott The issue with the "main" tag is solved as well now. Nightly builds using now the "Latest" as tag.

Great. Thank You.

ycollette
Established Member

Post by ycollette »

A test on fedora 39 with vst3-guitarix 0.2.
I used pipewire with a buffer size of 64 / 48000 as a samplerate. Without xruns.
The nice thing: vst3-guitarix was able to access my guitarix presets :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkGxNSH0XgM

I also used tuxguitar-1.6.1 (which supports guitarpro 8 files).
I used jack_mixer and raysession too.

tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Very nice @ycollette 8)

On the road again.
h_w_b

Post by h_w_b »

convolver-stereo has a bug

If you click 'Load File' the convolver tries to load a nam-file (instead of an IR-file) what doesn't work.
The convolver-mono loads an IR-file and works fine.

Attachments
convolver-stereo.png
convolver-stereo.png (96 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Last edited by h_w_b on Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

h_w_b wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:15 am

convolver-stereo has a bug

If you click 'Load File' the convolver tries to load a nam-file (instead of an IR-file) what doesn't work.
The convolver-mono loads an IR-file and works fine.

Ups, yes, a typo. I've fixed that now.Thanks for head up.

On the road again.