LSP Plugins Trigger Dynamics

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

darin

LSP Plugins Trigger Dynamics

Post by darin »

I'm trying to sample reinforce a drum and would like to retain some of the original dynamics. So I think I need velocity layers. I'm trying to do this with the LSP Trigger plugin with some success. But I don't completely understand the dynamics parameters. What exactly does Range 1 and Range 2 mean? How should I set them? What exactly does Spread mean? How should I set it? How do the range parameters relate to the spread parameter and to each other, if at all? It's a great plugin and the documentation and video get me pretty far, but I'm stuck on this part of it.

-- Darin

sadko4u
Established Member

Re: LSP Plugins Trigger Dynamics

Post by sadko4u »

The 'Range1' and 'Range 2' parameters actually define dynamics range of the hit. If you look at the time graph, you'll see them as blue horizontal lines.
One defines the threshold associated with minimum velocity, another one defines the threshold associated with maximum velocity. The roles of knobs are swapped when one goes above another one.
When the note triggers, it's level is compared to the defined range, and so velocity is computed.

LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.