[Ambient] Dreamy Electronics

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

mcord
Established Member

[Ambient] Dreamy Electronics

Post by mcord »

Here's a generative ambient track made in Bespoke: Dreamy Electronics.

I believe this is actually based on the first song I ever completed. Well... I considered it 'complete' at the time in early 2022, and released a short version of it a few months later. The original was also generative, thanks to the sequencer plugin Stochas (hosted in Carla).

This time it received some treatment similar to the other ambient track I posted not long ago: I ported it to Bespoke, replaced Stochas with Bespoke's own modules, and I added more movement by automating various parameters. I kept making slight changes to it for over a week while listening to it (even playing an export on my Raspberry Pi at night while I was sleeping), and I think by now it's got to the point where I feel satisfied with it. (I also changed the title from the original since this new one resonates more with me.)

You can listen to a 10-plus-minute-long recording on Funkwhale and SoundCloud.

Enjoy!

bulevardi
Established Member

Re: [Ambient] Dreamy Electronics

Post by bulevardi »

Very interesting!!
Wished I could work with Bespoke too... but it seems so complex at first sight.

Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....
Get In Touch^^
mcord
Established Member

Post by mcord »

bulevardi wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:49 pm

Wished I could work with Bespoke too... but it seems so complex at first sight.

It is complex when you're new to Bespoke (or modular in general), but once you get the hang of it, it's a lot of fun.

Feel free to ask any questions in one of the support boards, and I'll do my best to help. (Among other forum members, I know @LAM also uses Bespoke, and he is even more familiar with it than I am.)

There's also an official Discord community for Bespoke, but I'm not on Discord, so I can't really tell what it is like. :)

bulevardi
Established Member

Post by bulevardi »

It'll be something for later when I have more time.

I'm currently quite busy with learning this Surge XT synth, which is already a beast...
But I don't have any understanding from modular things. the VCV Rack looks something nice too, but Bespoke looks a step more complicated.
When I'm ready for this, I'm going to try learning this together with my daughter, she's 9 years old, but already a geek and I know that she'll be very interested, she's more intelligent than me, she probably will learn it to me in the next 10 years :D

Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....
Get In Touch^^