Harrison's bundle packages, the new ones.

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

Harrison's bundle packages, the new ones.

Post by funkmuscle »

Hey this may have been on topic here already so please forgive me for asking but does anyone know the bundles which includes the SSL stuff from Harrison if the SSL plugins work natively on our platform or do we need wine?

I keep getting the emails on deals but I don't want to buy anything if I have to use wine. For me with wine if I use it I have to commit it right away because right now as we speak I'm still waiting for wine staging to update so I can use a few apps. That's why I'm always scratching my head when I see somebody in here asking to use a non Linux app. I actually get PTSD because I've been in that hell too many times so I've learned to just commit it right away.

TheYke
Established Member

Re: Harrison's bundle packages, the new ones.

Post by TheYke »

I didn't check it, but I'm quite certain that the SSL part of the bundles need wine (and even that will be a hassle because of iLok) while for the Harrison plugins there are separate Linux installers without iLok etc.(, yet?)

I don't like the fact that Harrison got bought by SSL, too. Previously I bought the Harrison plugs when there was a sale, but I'm not intereseted in the iLok'ed SSL stuff and nowadays the deals seem to be only SSL-Harrison bundles. So I just stopped buying it....

funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: Harrison's bundle packages, the new ones.

Post by funkmuscle »

TheYke wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:45 am

I didn't check it, but I'm quite certain that the SSL part of the bundles need wine (and even that will be a hassle because of iLok) while for the Harrison plugins there are separate Linux installers without iLok etc.(, yet?)

I don't like the fact that Harrison got bought by SSL, too. Previously I bought the Harrison plugs when there was a sale, but I'm not intereseted in the iLok'ed SSL stuff and nowadays the deals seem to be only SSL-Harrison bundles. So I just stopped buying it....

My feelings exactly! I do remember speaking to Ben at Harrison's where he said just hang on for a bit because they are pushing hard for support of our platform.

I only asked about this because I'm seeing on other forums people just asking how to get stuff up and going so I thought maybe SSL already started to support us