Hydrogen won't change between patterns

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Mick_W
Established Member

Hydrogen won't change between patterns

Post by Mick_W »

Hi all

Having an issue with Hydrogen (1.1.1) and wondering if anyone has had a similar problem

Basically I can't change between drum patterns - Hydrogen sticks to the one that's selected and will not budge from there! I am stopping playback before trying to change as I know you can't swap between patterns on the fly.

There is a very awkward workaround which is to use 'Song' mode, fast forward to the pattern that I want to work on, then hit stop, change back to 'Pattern' mode and I can get in that way but of course that's an enormous pita so not ideal.

I would be grateful for any ideas as to what might be causing this and how to fix it...

All best

Mick_W

GMaq
Established Member

Re: Hydrogen won't change between patterns

Post by GMaq »

Hi, this is by design..

Patterns are the individual blocks and songs are the sequencing of the blocks. In my experience switching back and forth from pattern to song mode is the way it is intended to work..

Impostor
Established Member

Post by Impostor »

Mick_W wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:07 pm

I am stopping playback before trying to change as I know you can't swap between patterns on the fly.

I can change patterns on the fly during playback: in pattern mode, the playback immediately picks up the new pattern, while in song mode the song keeps on playing whatever it was playing, but the newly selected pattern can be edited.

(Hydrogen 1.2.2)

You've not accidentally activated "stacked pattern mode"? In that mode, you'll hear only the preselected patterns, not the one selected for editing.

Mick_W
Established Member

Post by Mick_W »

Yes - that was the problem

Thanks!