Hydrogen - midi control to jump to new pattern ONLY at end of existing pattern

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

boik
Established Member

Hydrogen - midi control to jump to new pattern ONLY at end of existing pattern

Post by boik »

Happy New Year to all (almost!).

I am using a set of midi pedals to try and control Hydrogen. All works fine - except I can't find a hydrogen action to jump to a new pattern ONLY when the existing pattern has completed. If i use the action "select_and_play_pattern" it jumps to the new pattern immediately the pedal is pressed. I don't want to have to focus on the timing of the pedals whilst trying to play bass at the same time.

It seems to work if I use stacked pattern mode, but then I have the problem of multiple patterns playing at once.

Does anyone know if Hydrogen can do this, and if not, is there any other software that can?

Cheers

Boik

Impostor
Established Member

Re: Hydrogen - midi control to jump to new pattern ONLY at end of existing pattern

Post by Impostor »

Stacked pattern mode:

Event action "select_only_next_pattern" value "pattern number" will play only that one pattern next round.
With event action "select_next_pattern" value "pattern number" you can toggle the associated pattern on/off with the associated midi event, leaving any others unaffected.

boik
Established Member

Re: Hydrogen - midi control to jump to new pattern ONLY at end of existing pattern

Post by boik »

Thanks impostor. I didn't spend much time with stacked pattern mode as I confused myself, so I will experiment tomorrow hopefully.

Boik