IK Multimedia JavaScript error

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

finotti
Established Member

IK Multimedia JavaScript error

Post by finotti »

I had the IK Product Manager running without problems until today. Now I am getting "A JavaScript error occurred in the main process" when trying to run it.

Oddly enough, I was able to run it until yesterday. I was using wine-staging 8.15 and today updated it to 8.21. But now, downgrading to 8.15 gives the same error. (I am running Debian Sid.)

Anyone else experiencing this?

(I posted this in the winehq forum as well.)

tseaver
Established Member

Re: IK Multimedia JavaScript error

Post by tseaver »

A JavaScript error sounds like maybe something changed in the wine-gecko browser emulation layer.

Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

tseaver wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:32 am

A JavaScript error sounds like maybe something changed in the wine-gecko browser emulation layer.

Hmm... Thanks for the pointer. I still do not know how to address the problem, though.

On the other hand, maybe I was incorrect about the version I was running before. I downgraded to 8.12 (instead of 8.15) and it "works". (Now, it says that there is a newest version and asks me to install it, but it is already running the newest version. But the application actually runs.)

If anyone has it running, can you tell me which version of wine and which version of the Product Manager you have?

finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

There is a new version of the Product Manager (1.1.0) and now it seems to work with wine staging 8.21. (Fingers crossed it will keep working...)

Sorry for the noise.

glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

Thanks for adding to the knowledge base! Such information will typically help someone someday
to troubleshoot even seemingly unrelated situations 8)
Cheers