Bluetooth Not Working for Sequencer Monitoring

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

km4hr
Established Member

Bluetooth Not Working for Sequencer Monitoring

Post by km4hr »

My computer has bluetooth capability. Youtube and other other audio outputs (like notifications, volume control button presses, etc) send output to my bluetooth speaker when it is "paired". But sounds from Qsynth/Qtractor/etc only go to speaker/headphone output. Anybody know how route sequencer output to bluetooth?

Impostor
Established Member

Re: Bluetooth Not Working for Sequencer Monitoring

Post by Impostor »

km4hr wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:11 pm

My computer has bluetooth capability. Youtube and other other audio outputs (like notifications, volume control button presses, etc) send output to my bluetooth speaker when it is "paired". But sounds from Qsynth/Qtractor/etc only go to speaker/headphone output. Anybody know how route sequencer output to bluetooth?

You wrote you use Ubuntu Studio, which I think uses Pipewire as audio server, so you'd be able to route all audio (and midi) with qpwgraph or some equivalent patchbay application (wireplumber?).

km4hr
Established Member

Post by km4hr »

Impostor wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:08 pm
km4hr wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:11 pm

You wrote you use Ubuntu Studio, which I think uses Pipewire as audio server, so you'd be able to route all audio (and midi) with qpwgraph or some equivalent patchbay application (wireplumber?).

I am using Ubuntu Studio. But since qpwgraph doesn't appear to exist on my system I must not be using Pipewire. I'm not certain however because when I use the "ps" command to see processes on the system it appears to show both pipewire and jack processes running. So I'm very confused.

I use qjackctl to view audio/midi connections. It's graph shows a device called "system". As far as I know that device is the only one that provides access to the computer's audio system. If another device such as "bluetooth" was shown I would know what to do.

rncbc
Established Member

Post by rncbc »

Latest qpwgraph, v0.6.0, which is here strongly recommended, is not usually on official repos, if at all. don't take anything less than that.

Ps. If you have some other old version, please, throw that away immediately.

Pps. also, not having qpwgraph installed is NOT the least a sign you're not on pipewire premises; rather an indy utility and not part of the pw installation or infrastructure, whatsoever.