ARTURIA AudioFuse 16Rig

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Musicmaker
Established Member

ARTURIA AudioFuse 16Rig

Post by Musicmaker »

The dream has come true.

• 16 I/ 10 O default
  • DC coupled I/O
  • 32 I/O (adding two ADATA boxes)
  • MIDI controllable mixer. (someone read my rant post ? )
  • 32 bit ADCs/DACs
  • Even better DACs/ADCs than FR based on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYND0wZzbas

If this works for 32 channels under Linux, the two Scarletts will be downgraded to to ADAT I/O devices.
Then just a simple Linux GUI with MIDI control.
This could be a major headache for Focusrite

People buying their 1ts USB high I/O interface must count themself lucky.
Focusrite service & support is excellent, but now feel a bit stuck with the Scarlett.

It is surprising that with all the technological knowledge FR has, they did not make something like this.
Perhaps the engineers moved to Arturia to create new innovate products like these ? More to come ?

bluebell
Established Member

Re: ARTURIA AudioFuse 16Rig

Post by bluebell »

Two ADATs is a big plus, yes.

Time will tell if it runs with Linux and if it can be fully controlled with Linux or with hardware controls.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/

icaria36
Established Member

Post by icaria36 »

I’m curious about how the AudioFuse 16 line inputs compare to the Evo 16 inputs with preamps in a setup of synths. Evo 16 + Evo SP8 is way cheaper. If one day 8 inputs are not enough for me, the input audio quality will be the factor to go either way. The AudioFuse 16 offers many other features, but either I have them covered already (MIDI) or I don’t need them. Still, the AudioFuse onboard / no-PC features are very interesting… for Linux users who can’t rely on any PC/Mac software provided for regular use.

martibs
Established Member

Post by martibs »

From what I've seen in the YouTube reviews, only the mixer will be MIDI controllable, and not everything else. And none of the other interfaces from Arturia so far has had any Linux support.

icaria36
Established Member

Post by icaria36 »

martibs wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:22 pm

only the mixer will be MIDI controllable

The mixer comes with levels, mute, solo, pan and aux 1-4 for each channel. Not bad if all that can be mapped to a controller. What else would you map?

martibs
Established Member

Post by martibs »

Yeah, my point wasn't that the feature set for the mixer MIDI mapping was lacking, but that any setting on the device which is not MIDI mappable will be completely unavailable on Linux.
On closer inspection, that turned out to be wrong, as they have included a lot of parameters on the settings menu on the device itself. However, not everything is on there, so as a Linux user you will for example not have access to setting the output for the A/B speaker setup, or accessing the routing matrix.
From what I can tell, you will also need the software to perform firmware updates.

icaria36
Established Member

Post by icaria36 »

Well, yes, I keep a Windows partition for one-off or seldom changes like firmware updates. It seems that regular operations are well covered by the device's own UI. They are visibly marketing the "no computer" features, which is good news for Linux users. I don't think I'd use the mixer etc regularly on my PC even if it was available on Linux. If I have the PC turned on, then I'd rather send everything straight to the DAW and manipulate there.