Success with latest IK Multimedia Product Manager

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

glowrak guy
Established Member

Success with latest IK Multimedia Product Manager

Post by glowrak guy »

IKPproduct Manager 1.06
AVLinux xfce
wine-staging 8.16
windows Reaper 6.82

I installed and authorized the MixBox multi-effect tool, and the Syntronik sample-based multi-synth tool, shown together below.
In Mixbox, when using the 2nd and further slots, nested menus had to be accessed from the right side instead of
from the top down. (The first slot worked normally) Your experience may differ. I've seen this a few times before over the years,
when using commercial windows plugins in wine with nested menus. Possibly installing the commercial nVidia graphics driver would help
my old nVidia 9400 GTS card.

Mixbox has a huge range of categorized presets for many studio/audio needs, many of the modules are from their T-Racks
and Amplitube collections. It is also available in a free Custom Shop version, with 8 modules and 30 presets,
good for pre-purchase testing. Most IK products now have CS versions. Synths and samplers have 4 layers, and built-in effects.

Syntronik-MixBox.jpg
Syntronik-MixBox.jpg (66.65 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
glowrak guy
Established Member

Re: Success with latest IK Multimedia Product Manager

Post by glowrak guy »

I updated wine-staging to 8.18, and IK's Program Manager is now up to 1.08. I needed to run that manager for authorization of their free Tonex CS, and I had to first launch their Custom Shop tool from Amplitube, then run the Program Manager as a standalone tool. It did work fine, and authorized the freebie without needing it's serial number, perhaps because the number was visible in my account due to the Custom Shop being up and running :roll:
I was impressed by the Tonex sounds, and will have to make some time to find what the most popular free/commercial captured gear sounds like.

TonexA4_2023-10-18_04-04-59.jpg
TonexA4_2023-10-18_04-04-59.jpg (169.55 KiB) Viewed 1744 times