AVLinux Installation

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

reneroyal

AVLinux Installation

Post by reneroyal »

Hello,

I'm having a strange problem. I tried AVLinux in GnomeBoxen and everything was working properly.
Then I tried installing on the same machine (AMD Ryzen 5 3500U) with two different USB-sticks with the same result. AVLinux booted fine into desktop, trying to launch any application on the live media lead to an unresponsive desktop. Trying to launch the install button displayed the message:
Failed to run "minstall.desktop"
GDBus.Error.org-gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark.g.2dexec_2derror_2dquark.Code13:Failed to execute child process "minstall-launcher" (input/output error)

Found no information about this, so I thought someone here has an idea for a workaround???

GMaq
Established Member

Re: AVLinux Installation

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

Well, I would guess it's possibly a Video driver issue, Gnome Boxes would have a virtualized set of very compatible emulated hardware so a hardware issue wouldn't show up there but it would appear there is something about the actual system hardware that isn't fully supported.

Can you tell me a bit about the Video hardware on your computer?

reneroyal

Re: AVLinux Installation

Post by reneroyal »

Hi,

here's what inxi tells me about graphics:
Device-1: AMD Picasso/Raven 2 [Radeon Vega Series / Radeon Mobile Series]
vendor: Lenovo driver: amdgpu v: kernel pcie: speed: 8 GT/s lanes: 16
ports: active: eDP-1 empty: HDMI-A-1 bus-ID: 04:00.0 chip-ID: 1002:15d8
class-ID: 0300

It's integrated on the CPU of my laptop. Hope that's the information you asked for and thanks for trying to help!