How to Write Music - The Truth

Ask general music theory or songwriting questions, get feedback!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Largos
Established Member

Re: How to Write Music - The Truth

Post by Largos »

Carl Irwin wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:35 pm

Don't watch it. But the "intelligent" follow-up would be to withhold judgment on any conclusions of the thing that hasn't been analyzed. There is zero basis for judgment without watching the video... that's another objective truth.

I think the point was that the title makes the video sound like something not worth watching. Saying "the truth" implies that you are offering a view point outside the norm. I've watched the video and it's analysis of standard song writing technique which is fine but the title is not really representative. It's not really a "how to" or revealing some hitherto unknown "truth". Don't mean that as a criticism, it's better made than how it's title makes it look.

folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

Largos wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:10 am
Carl Irwin wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:35 pm

Don't watch it. But the "intelligent" follow-up would be to withhold judgment on any conclusions of the thing that hasn't been analyzed. There is zero basis for judgment without watching the video... that's another objective truth.

I think the point was that the title makes the video sound like something not worth watching. Saying "the truth" implies that you are offering a view point outside the norm. I've watched the video and it's analysis of standard song writing technique which is fine but the title is not really representative. It's not really a "how to" or revealing some hitherto unknown "truth". Don't mean that as a criticism, it's better made than how it's title makes it look.

I Agree. The content is fine, but the title leads one to "Oh no! Not another one." There are just so many youtube channels with utter bollocks content claiming to be the truth.

The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Carl Irwin
Established Member

Post by Carl Irwin »

artix_linux_user wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:33 am

yeah, lil mistake, someone thinks he is enlightened and knows the ultimate truth lol

One more time, for good measure.
It wasn't a mistake, and you haven't watched... so...

There is nothing aggressive or hateful about my video, it's title, or any of my comments. To the contrary, I have absorbed plenty of aggression, snark and insult just by posting. I can't be responsible for the complex interpretation that a few folks are bringing to my use of a single word, isolated and completely out of context.

This is my last reply here. So people can

1. ignore
  2. comment on the content of the topic, or
  3. pile on their complaints about how the word "truth" should be used, what it means, and how foolish I must be for typing those letters in that order in this forum.