brand new native linux plugins

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

elcalen
Established Member

Re: brand new native linux plugins

Post by elcalen »

There was a version of the TLs 1295 LEA compressor that the dev shared on the REAPER forums some years ago, which I discovered sometimes caused REAPER to crash for me after using it for a while. Which was a shame, 'cause otherwise it was a pretty nice compressor. I don't know if this is the same version, but maybe try it out with a slight bit of caution, just in case... :)

Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.
elcalen
Established Member

Re: brand new native linux plugins

Post by elcalen »

artix_linux_user wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:21 pm

I would guess its a new version.
The google search was:
linux vst3 free download - and then I chose show me results younger then a month, so I guess it is a newer version, probably.

Well, the file appears to be dated 2019, so I'm not so sure...

Anyway, I gave it a quick try, and at first glance it seems like I'm not getting as many error messages as I had in the past when using it (it's very possible that REAPER's changed a bunch of stuff since that time that could mitigate the issue), but there's still something a little weird going on. Terminal output has some "Failed to set the xembed property property: BadAtom" messages that only seem to appear after I open certain other plugin's GUIs after having the TLs GUI open.

That is reminiscent of the issue I had with it before; it would cause some kind of weird corruption that could cause the host to crash when opening/closing any plugin windows. But I remember that back then the issue got progressively worse with time, with more and more error messages, and during my brief test now I wasn't seeing that aspect, only single error messages...

Anyway, I'm not saying you shouldn't use the plugin, just be aware that the plugin could be a little buggy. :)

Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.