One has to go...

Discuss your workplace, instruments, amps, and any other gear.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

TygerTung
Established Member

Re: One has to go...

Post by TygerTung »

Yeah you can get them really cheap here too. I usually only use one screen, but for audio work it would be nice to have two so you can have the mixer on one screen. Would be extra nice to have some hardware knobs or sliders routed to the mixer via midi so you can just twist the knobs or move the sliders rather than clicking with mouse.
OccinticLady
Established Member

Post by OccinticLady »

Michael Willis wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:51 pm
TygerTung wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:01 pm You could get another monitor and plug it into your laptop so you have two screens. Would look like having two laptops.
Hear hear! Dual monitors are great. I split up ardour with the editor view on one monitor and the mixer on the other monitor. I don't know about where you live, but I can find a 19 inch LCD at a thrift store for $5-$10.
Still have one around that I can use. This is a tip for the time when I really "run out a space"...thanks :)
OccinticLady
Established Member

Post by OccinticLady »

TygerTung wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:56 am Yeah you can get them really cheap here too. I usually only use one screen, but for audio work it would be nice to have two so you can have the mixer on one screen. Would be extra nice to have some hardware knobs or sliders routed to the mixer via midi so you can just twist the knobs or move the sliders rather than clicking with mouse.
Wow! That IS something to think about...thanks...did'nt even conceive this possible...