Studio Music 64 debian buster + kx studio based is out

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

gennargiu
Established Member

Studio Music 64 debian buster + kx studio based is out

Post by gennargiu »

Stay tuned !!!! Debian Buster based ( Enviroment lxqt) with kernel rt, ultimate repository kx studio,Tracktion 7, Reaper 5.9 Ardour 5.12, Various synths and effects ladspa,lv2,vst,Surge 1.6.2,graphic and video programs and more :D :) and plud folder in home location for pure data with moltitudos synths,patches,effects + Sunvox 1.9 on folder download

At moment i stay tested distro on virtualbox in windows 10 and work good. I have used fabolous program of italien developer piero proietti (eggs penguin) for generate iso. It's help me and support very good....In the after days i used native distro on hp elite 8200 and asus x54c laptop. If distro don't serious problem and work good i sharing and public on Source Forge :D

studiomusic64 is out :D

https://sourceforge.net/projects/studiomusic64/files/

gennaro

Last edited by gennargiu on Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
j_e_f_f_g
Established Member

Re: Stay Tuned Studio Music 64 debian buster + kx studio based

Post by j_e_f_f_g »

That wallpaper is horrific. But I did laugh at the attempt to avoid a trademark infringement from Marshall by changing the guitar amp brand to "Mitchell". Apparently Mitchell amps are inspired by Spinal Tap, since the volume goes up to 14.

Author of BackupBand at https://sourceforge.net/projects/backupband/files/
My fans show their support by mentioning my name in their signature.

gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

j_e_f_f_g wrote:That wallpaper is horrific. But I did laugh at the attempt to avoid a trademark infringement from Marshall by changing the guitar amp brand to "Mitchell". Apparently Mitchell amps are inspired by Spinal Tap, since the volume goes up to 14.
this is a free logo without copyryth, if you don't like it put another one to your liking .... the logo is not fixed, the image must be loaded and eventually used as a desk photo :D
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

http://gennargiu.altervista.org/studiomusic64/

hello friends

studiomusic64 is out :D
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

I don't care what anybody says, I kind of love the wallpaper, and I'm glad to see another audio-centric Linux distro.
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

Michael Willis wrote:I don't care what anybody says, I kind of love the wallpaper, and I'm glad to see another audio-centric Linux distro.
hello, the background I uploaded as an additional image to give everyone the opportunity to use the background they prefer, I think instead it may be interesting to evaluate and eventually make appropriate changes, where you have the willingness and time available, to always improve it for broadly meeting the needs of the GNU linux community, especially as regards the audio segment-oriented distributions. :wink:

gennaro
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

CrocoDuck
Established Member

Post by CrocoDuck »

Hi Gennaro!

Interesting project, thanks for sharing! I would suggest you double check whether you want to describe your project as a "distro". There isn't a rigid definition of what a distro is, and your project would definitely fit the bill, however most people associate a distro with something having a release cycle, development cycle, support, forums, bug trackers, repositories and so on and so forth... If I was publishing a project like yours I would call it a "Multimedia oriented Debian Buster remix" rather than a distro.

Oh, to be clear, I am not trying to demote your project or anything like that. Rather, I just wanted to contribute with a point about the project description which I think will make the project nature clearer to the users, if you agree that your project is more of a remix than a distro.

Anyway, keep up the good work and keep us updated!
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

CrocoDuck wrote:Hi Gennaro!

Interesting project, thanks for sharing! I would suggest you double check whether you want to describe your project as a "distro". There isn't a rigid definition of what a distro is, and your project would definitely fit the bill, however most people associate a distro with something having a release cycle, development cycle, support, forums, bug trackers, repositories and so on and so forth... If I was publishing a project like yours I would call it a "Multimedia oriented Debian Buster remix" rather than a distro.

Oh, to be clear, I am not trying to demote your project or anything like that. Rather, I just wanted to contribute with a point about the project description which I think will make the project nature clearer to the users, if you agree that your project is more of a remix than a distro.

Anyway, keep up the good work and keep us updated!
Hi,but in summary it is just so more than a distro ex novo we say that it is a remix version of debian buster adapted to the audio production with standard kernel rt and kx studio repository. Unfortunately I do not have the possibility to put on a forum to manage any updates that I will certainly do in the future to improve even with the contribution of the community of enthusiasts of the gnu linux world the same remix version of studiomusic64, thanks for your advice and suggestions that I will keep present for the future. :D

gennaro
gennargiu
Established Member

Re: Studio Music 64 debian buster + kx studio based is out

Post by gennargiu »

Jeff4Success

Post by Jeff4Success »

Thank you for the ISO. I am looking forward to trying it out. Unfortunately, I cannot find anywhere in my searches the password for the live ISO boot. Can someone please help? Thank you again!!!
Jeff4Success

Post by Jeff4Success »

I was looking for the logon password for the user 'live'? I don't know if my previous post made it, or I just don't have the right to post yet. Sorry for spamming posts, this is the last one, I promise. Thanks!
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

Jeff4Success wrote:Thank you for the ISO. I am looking forward to trying it out. Unfortunately, I cannot find anywhere in my searches the password for the live ISO boot. Can someone please help? Thank you again!!!
hi when you start the iso in live version the autologin starts, in case you find yourself with the live user restart the system, then once you are inside try the distro and then eventually proceed with the installation with calamares or through terminal and then change the root password. read the readme file on sourgeforge. :D

gennaro
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

New wallpaper studiomusic64 in download from sourceforge :D

https://sourceforge.net/projects/studio ... es/images/

gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

Hi friend, here a new minimalist wallpaper ( with tux gnu linux) for remix studio music 64 (debian buster + kx studio based) :D

you can also download the new wallpaper from the studio music 64 project page - https://sourceforge.net/projects/studio ... leted=true