construct/destruct

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

caryoscelus
Established Member

construct/destruct

Post by caryoscelus »

New album, this time consisting of only two tracks (and even those use same material and intended for continuous playthrough). Unlike some other music i'm making, this album was made with intention to listen to it. More specifically, i wanted a long monotonous track to listen to while moving around (preferably on a vehicle). While it may not be quite a replacement for the kind of music that inspired me, i think it still worked out well

As usual, it's published on ZeroNet, but you can also use proxy
cover.jpg
cover.jpg (47.5 KiB) Viewed 761 times
libre artist in many media :: site :: support my music on badcamp :: liberapay ::
ko-fi
milo
Established Member

Re: construct/destruct

Post by milo »

Just found this old post, and wanted to drop a kind word.

I find the recording rather listenable. It is, as you describe, droning and repetitive, entrancing. The changes happen frequently enough to keep the active listener engaged. The sounds are interesting and the rhythms have just enough momentum to keep going. I think it is artfully done.

My favorite parts starts at about 9:20 in the second track. Cool sounds in there. Like a robot march or something.

I'm intrigued by your cover art. The simple graph paper design on the bottom left morphs into something that looks quite like a 4-week old fetus on the right. Not sure if this was intentional, but I find it visually fascinating.
caryoscelus
Established Member

Post by caryoscelus »

milo wrote:Just found this old post, and wanted to drop a kind word.

I find the recording rather listenable. It is, as you describe, droning and repetitive, entrancing. The changes happen frequently enough to keep the active listener engaged. The sounds are interesting and the rhythms have just enough momentum to keep going. I think it is artfully done.

My favorite parts starts at about 9:20 in the second track. Cool sounds in there. Like a robot march or something.

I'm intrigued by your cover art. The simple graph paper design on the bottom left morphs into something that looks quite like a 4-week old fetus on the right. Not sure if this was intentional, but I find it visually fascinating.
Thanks for comments!

I'm not sure i should've disclosed that, but the "fetus" thing is just a couple of heavily processed geometric figures ;) Though i've probably noticed similarity too..
libre artist in many media :: site :: support my music on badcamp :: liberapay ::
ko-fi
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

Can't get anywhere with this - just get weird failure messages.
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
caryoscelus
Established Member

Post by caryoscelus »

folderol wrote:Can't get anywhere with this - just get weird failure messages.
Someone complained before and static version helped. I'm afraid that's the best i can do atm
Last edited by caryoscelus on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ko-fi
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

caryoscelus wrote:
folderol wrote:Can't get anywhere with this - just get weird failure messages.
Someone complained before and [static version](https://zn.amorgan.xyz/1FiHm91tcDdjkiGk ... tatic.html) helped. I'm afraid that's the best i can do atm
All I get there is this:
Connection with UiServer Websocket was lost. Reconnecting...
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
caryoscelus
Established Member

Post by caryoscelus »

folderol wrote: All I get there is this:
Connection with UiServer Websocket was lost. Reconnecting...
Well, i'm getting those too, but only after the page is loaded (so it doesn't affect anything). Here's another proxy, maybe it'll work better for you
ko-fi