[ANN] LSP Plugins release 1.1.10 is ready!

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

sadko4u
Established Member

[ANN] LSP Plugins release 1.1.10 is ready!

Post by sadko4u »

The development of 1.1.10 version took the longest cycle in contrast to previous releases.
All the changes were planned since January 2019 but many supplementary problems should be solved first.
This release contains a lot of internal plugin framework changes, implementation of new UI widgets and, probably, a killer toy: LSP Room Builder plugin series. This plugin allows to simulate impulse response of ANY room (and not only room). You just need to model it first in a 3D editor/designer and export as a Wavefont (OBJ) file.

The overall changelist is the following:
  • Implemented 3D reverb simulator plugin series - Room Builder Mono and Room Builder Stereo.
  • Fixed improper InlineDisplay feature support in LV2 TTL files.
  • Plugin names now have 'LSP' prefix for the LV2 format.
  • Each plugin can now provide it's custom UI class which is derived from common plugin's UI class.
  • Code now compiles for the PPC64 architecture.
  • Code now compiles for the IBM s390x architecture.
  • Added command-line option to pass configuration file name for standalone JACK plugins.
  • The settings stored in configuration file will be automatically loaded at startup.
  • Updated function signatures for libraries which now support '-fvisibility=hidden'
  • compilation flag.
  • Added support of nested menus in the UI toolkit.
  • Added 3D scene rendering support in the UI by using different rendering backends.
  • Implemented GLX backend based on openGL 2.x for rendering 3D scenes.
  • Implemented key-value tree storage (KVTStorage) for storing and managing dynamic parameters.
  • Implemented key-value tree storage (KVTStorage) UI<->DSP synchronization mechanisms.
  • Implemented key-value tree storage (KVTStorage) serialization/deserialization in parameters.
  • Implemented key-value tree storage (KVTStorage) serialization/deserialization for the plugin state.
  • Implemented mechanism for UI<->DSP OSC message interchange.
  • Added support of OSC protocol messages serialization, deserialization and pattern matching.
  • Optimized complex number functions for AArch64 architecture.
  • Changed installation path for jack core library from lib-path to lib-path/lsp-plugins.
  • Added more careful file type analysis for non-EXT file systems.
  • Added support of Hygon Dhyana x86 family CPU optimizations and detection of some other CPU vendors.
  • Now both release and test binaries are available to build into separate subdirectories independently.
  • Improved built-in resource generation tool.
  • Embedded resources are now alphabetically sorted to make the build more deterministic.
  • Added support of built-in presets for plugin's UI.
You can help the project by donating on BountySource page
Also you may submit your *.obj models of room. And if they are good, they will be added to the list of presets in the future releases of Room Builder plugin.

The URL to video with plugin review: https://youtu.be/J-ruYw9TwCE

LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
rghvdberg
Established Member

Re: [ANN] LSP Plugins release 1.1.10 is ready!

Post by rghvdberg »

Holy cow!
bhilmers
Established Member

Post by bhilmers »

WOW, my favorite plugins just got way better!
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Okay , just to make sure I understand this clearly, any 3D room for instance one that's created in blender we can actually create the Reverb or the echo or whatever it is from the 3D model?
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

funkmuscle wrote:Okay , just to make sure I understand this clearly, any 3D room for instance one that's created in blender we can actually create the Reverb or the echo or whatever it is from the 3D model?
Yes, you can render the impulse response of the DIY-room and use it anywhere as a convolution reverb.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

On the road again.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

sadko4u wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:Okay , just to make sure I understand this clearly, any 3D room for instance one that's created in blender we can actually create the Reverb or the echo or whatever it is from the 3D model?
Yes, you can render the impulse response of the DIY-room and use it anywhere as a convolution reverb.
Sweet! Still getting use to it. Takes quite long to render certain rooms right?
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

funkmuscle wrote:Sweet! Still getting use to it. Takes quite long to render certain rooms right?
It depends on the 'quality' settings, the number of polygons in the room's mesh and number of CPU cores used for rendering.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Yes, I've been running the quality at 100%. Also when I do it like that in Ardour using three out of my four CPU cores it's a lot faster but when I do it in Carla, after about 10 hours it was at 17% so I stopped it. Is the quality good enough at 50%?
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

funkmuscle wrote:Yes, I've been running the quality at 100%. Also when I do it like that in Ardour using three out of my four CPU cores it's a lot faster but when I do it in Carla, after about 10 hours it was at 17% so I stopped it. Is the quality good enough at 50%?
The lesser quality yields to the case when more 'thin' ray groups will be discarded. So you probably will get less detailed result which will be a bit shorter in time domain. And the maximum number of captured reflection will be lower. But even with 25% (as done in video) you'll get pretty good results. They will just sound a bit different.