[Solved] Black Pearl / Red Zeppelin Midi Channel Question

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

SirAmpersand
Established Member

[Solved] Black Pearl / Red Zeppelin Midi Channel Question

Post by SirAmpersand »

Hi Linuxmusicians,

I wanted to set up a multisoftsynt enviroment with yoshimi, Red Zeppelin in Carla, qsampler, amsynt and maybe some otheres more.
My idea was to address each softsynt/sampler on its own (before specified) midi channel, so i can switch in beetween from my good old LMK3 Midi Piano. It works with yoshimi and qsampler.
Now I realized that Black Pearl / Red Zeppelin (hosted in Carla Pluginhost) - altough I dailed in the corresponding midi channel in the settings - are playing notes from all other channels too. The midi keyboard sends on the right chanell which i checked in midisnoop.
Can anyone tell me what else I coud confiure to make that work ?

Thanks for any hints !
Ampersand.
Last edited by SirAmpersand on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fender 95 Jazz Bass 5 String, TL Audio Fat2, FocusriteSaffire, LMK3+, SamsonGraphite M25,
KX STUDIO, Ardour, Musescore, Hydrogen, Qmidiarp, Seq24, Yoshimi, Qsynth, ZynaddSubFX, Frescobaldi , SuperCollider, Arduino+Mididings ... I love 2 play and learn !
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: Black Pearl / Red Zeppelin Midi Channel Question

Post by Michael Willis »

You might be able to use x42's midi plugins to do this. Specifically, you could put the midi channel filter before your percussion plugins to make sure only the desired channel gets routed to them.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

There is a plugin built into Carla called "MIDI Split" that should do what you want.
SirAmpersand
Established Member

Post by SirAmpersand »

GMaq,

Thanks for that hint! That works nice and it´s clearly arranged!
Me thougt it´s enough to change the channel in settings default plugin gui of carla and the host manages the midi broadcast :idea:

@michael Thanks for the link! nice plugins not on board of KX

Cu !
Ampersand
Fender 95 Jazz Bass 5 String, TL Audio Fat2, FocusriteSaffire, LMK3+, SamsonGraphite M25,
KX STUDIO, Ardour, Musescore, Hydrogen, Qmidiarp, Seq24, Yoshimi, Qsynth, ZynaddSubFX, Frescobaldi , SuperCollider, Arduino+Mididings ... I love 2 play and learn !