New album free on jamendo ( Ubuntu Studio 18.04 for all tracks)

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

gennargiu
Established Member

New album free on jamendo ( Ubuntu Studio 18.04 for all tracks)

Post by gennargiu »

https://www.jamendo.com/album/183184/at ... f-the-road :wink:

Gennaro Giugliano aka Pierecall uses:

Linux Gnu Ubuntu Studio 18.04 system - Gimp 2.10 (Artwork)

Daw: Waveform 9, Bitwig 8 track, Mixbus 5, Pure Data (Linux Gnu)

Instruments and effects: U-he Podolsky, Collective, Multi Sampler, Waverazor, Fm Synth, Zynaddsubfx, Bitwig 8 track synths and effects, Tal 2 reverb, Waveform 9 effects,
Mixbus 5.1 effects internal, Roland D50, Korg M1, Yamaha Dx7 Mk1 synths, Bastl Kastl, Korg Volca Sampler, Bloom Brian Eno Android App, Pure Data (Martin Brinkmann Synthesizer 7 Tones 1), Zoom Ms 70 cdr pedal effects

Naples - 28-02-2019
Last edited by gennargiu on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
psyocean
Established Member

Re: New album free on jamndo ( Ubuntu Studio 18.04 for all tracks)

Post by psyocean »

Inventive immersion in the realm of sounds and unidentified flying objects of creative mind :idea: Excellent work, Gennargui! :)
Guitar and synth tales... https://www.youtube.com/user/Psyocean/
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

psyocean wrote:Inventive immersion in the realm of sounds and unidentified flying objects of creative mind :idea: Excellent work, Gennargui! :)
hello, thanks for listening and commentary, in this last sound work I liked using different daw native on gnu linux to be able to take the best of their functions and functionality. I then added them to some tracks, some of my hardware tools and android applications that are always very suggestive for creative purposes such as those made by brian eno :wink:

Gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
lilith
Established Member

Post by lilith »

There are some really nice tracks! Especially the last one (except of the much too loud noise / drone sound ;) ) and the first one.
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

lilith wrote:There are some really nice tracks! Especially the last one (except of the much too loud noise / drone sound ;) ) and the first one.
hello, thanks for listening and advice that I really appreciate. The phase of mixing and adjusting the volumes is something that I must definitely improve and improve. :wink:

gennaro
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

Great stuff! I liked Suburbs the best.. Congrats on another album! Do you ever sleep?!... :D
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

GMaq wrote:Hi,

Great stuff! I liked Suburbs the best.. Congrats on another album! Do you ever sleep?!... :D
Hi Glenn, I also found the time to sleep, in this last album I used several daws all native to gnu linux that allowed me to open new experimental horizons exploiting the potential of the various programs. Ubuntu Studio acted as a unique collector as an operating system in order for all creations to remain within the gnu linux platform. :D

gennaro
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

I like tracks 1, 3, and 5 best (Hmmm . . . that's odd . . . ;)

I really like the first track. The rhythm section really helps propel the sound forward, and the drum sounds are interesting.

The third track has a lot of interesting sounds, and the texture evolves nicely, with several changes throughout the piece to keep things interesting. I particularly like the semi-random "Pocket Calculator" style melody which continues throughout much of the piece. I also like the little "wheezing" sound which is most prominent at the beginning and end.

I also liked the driving rhythm of the 5th track. For some reason cool sounds are cooler when I feel like they are going somewhere. I've always had a harder time connecting with more abstract ambient music. Maybe my attention span is too short.

How did you make the grinding chain-like noises in the 6th track? Are they sampled?

Overall, this album is an impressive effort and a nice contribution to the world of Linux-created music. Thanks for posting!
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

milo wrote:I like tracks 1, 3, and 5 best (Hmmm . . . that's odd . . . ;)

I really like the first track. The rhythm section really helps propel the sound forward, and the drum sounds are interesting.

The third track has a lot of interesting sounds, and the texture evolves nicely, with several changes throughout the piece to keep things interesting. I particularly like the semi-random "Pocket Calculator" style melody which continues throughout much of the piece. I also like the little "wheezing" sound which is most prominent at the beginning and end.

I also liked the driving rhythm of the 5th track. For some reason cool sounds are cooler when I feel like they are going somewhere. I've always had a harder time connecting with more abstract ambient music. Maybe my attention span is too short.

How did you make the grinding chain-like noises in the 6th track? Are they sampled?

Overall, this album is an impressive effort and a nice contribution to the world of Linux-created music. Thanks for posting!
Hi Milo,many thanks for your listen and comment. :) For 6th track i have a used field recording and multisampler (waveform 9 instruments) :wink:

gennaro