Does Rosegarden support macros?

Do you typeset your scores on Linux? Share your thoughts, tips, and tricks here.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Radiologist

Does Rosegarden support macros?

Post by Radiologist »

Can Rosegarden run some sort of notation macros or scripts?

Normally I use Harmony Assistant under Windows and I've made a macro to create a a simple harmony accompaniment score automatically from chords and notes (i.e. it creates a duo or a trio from a single instrument part). It saved me from a lot of repetitive work, so I wonder if that would be possible with Rosegarden. I found no information anywhere about scripts or macros for Rosegarden, do you guys know if it's possible?

The other option would be using the Linux version of Harmony Assistant. But the last time I've tried it it was buggy, it crashed etc. (that was a few years ago though).

I'm considering switching my PC to Linux for a number of reasons; mainly the cost of software, security, lack of Microsoft spyware and the possibility of installing all the software I want without slowing down my computer.

But my last attempt of using Linux for music was an ordeal. I wonder if the last version of Ubuntu Studio for example, would make it, if not easier, at least possible.
bluebell
Established Member

Re: Does Rosegarden support macros?

Post by bluebell »

Maybe you get help on the Rosegarden mailing list:

https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/ma ... rden-user/

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/

Radiologist

Post by Radiologist »

Do I really HAVE to subscribe to a mailing list just for that question? :? Why did I register for this forum then? I just want to know if I could make macros for Rosegarden.
Baggypants
Established Member

Post by Baggypants »

No one here has answered your question, it’s safe to say we don’t know, maybe not many of us use Rosegarden. The people in the Rosegarden mailing list are guaranteed to be people who use Rosegarden.