Hello from the Netherlands!

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

LinMusGuy
Established Member

Hello from the Netherlands!

Post by LinMusGuy »

I found this forum via a Dutch synth forum. I hope to learn a lot here about the more technical side of composing music on a Linux computer. As to music composing itself I am an absolute beginner. I like symphonic and progressive rock. Anyway - for me It's just for fun.
rghvdberg
Established Member

Re: Hello from the Netherlands!

Post by rghvdberg »

Hoi!
Fellow Dutchie here ..
Good to have you on board :-)
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

LinMusGuy wrote:I found this forum via a Dutch synth forum. I hope to learn a lot here about the more technical side of composing music on a Linux computer. As to music composing itself I am an absolute beginner. I like symphonic and progressive rock. Anyway - for me It's just for fun.
Fellow prog rock fan, welcome :D
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

LinMusGuy wrote:I found this forum via a Dutch synth forum. I hope to learn a lot here about the more technical side of composing music on a Linux computer. As to music composing itself I am an absolute beginner. I like symphonic and progressive rock. Anyway - for me It's just for fun.
Welcome! I consider myself to be (and probably will always stay) an absolute beginner concerning music production: I find most DAW's almost incomprehensible. However, just like you I have much fun fiddling with it.

As for Linux: I use it as my only OS since ca. 2005. I write little shell scripts to make using Linux a bit more easy for myself. I'm by no means a professional and I do not know how to program. But I do consider myself to be some sort of "power user". Which does not mean I can solve any problem though. But, just like music, I like puzzling w/ Linux. It pust the fun back in computing, as opposed to most other OS-es.

Good luck in making music on Linux! :)

P.S. As you would have guessed by my name: I'm Dutch too. And I think that I know you from synthforum.nl.
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

Thank you all for welcoming me here. :D
Rainmak3r
Established Member

Post by Rainmak3r »

Dutch and lover or symphonic and progressive rock: are you Ayreon in disguise? :)
Welcome!
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

Rainmak3r wrote:
Dutch and lover or symphonic and progressive rock: are you Ayreon in disguise? :)
Welcome!
No - I am not Arjen Lucassen. But I very much like his music! I found his double CD Into the Electric Castle in a thrift shop but hadn't heard of it before. However I just bought it because the picture on the DC-box looked promising. And I was not disappointed! Great music - too bad his music is hardly known to the general public!
Gps
Established Member

Post by Gps »

Welcome

And hello back from Amsterdam.
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

Thank you! I have now downloaded lots of music programmes and soundfonts. Exploring them will bring up many questions for the more technical topics on this forum.