Greetings Musical Earthlings

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

xtrchessreal
Established Member

Greetings Musical Earthlings

Post by xtrchessreal »

You can just call me X or x.
Play gtr, 41 years, I have recording studio experience - professional and college, College of Music, learned about digital music on the first Macintosh at school. I have been in many bands, studio recorded two albums (never was signed by a label). I recorded several band demos on my desktop 10 years ago with an Alesis i|o 26, on win XP.

Now have a Focusrite 6i6 Scarlett and trying to record on Ubuntu 16.04.5 about to upgrade to 18.04.1 and lowlatency kernel.

I have questions but will save that until I researched this forum for clues.

Status Current project: Multiple person recording project, I use Ubuntu, they use Mac transferring tracks to each other via drop box or google drive. I have interface issues, monitoring while recording issues, import and record issues.

Feels like I'm learning baby steps all over again - who knew - new technology comes with new problems.

Its nice to know this forum exists.
Thanks for reading :? :)
X
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: Greetings Musical Earthlings

Post by Michael Willis »

Hi X, welcome and please ask questions. I look forward to hearing some of your music.
bluebell
Established Member

Re: Greetings Musical Earthlings

Post by bluebell »

Welcome, my friend. May I call you Xrun? :mrgreen:

Since you have to use larger buffersizes once the projects get bigger (many tracks with plugins, leading to audible latencies) you should get familiar with the direct monitoring that the Scarletts offer. On my 2i4 only outputs 1 and 2 get the monitored signal. So be sure that you use the correct outputs.

Check out Guitarix. It can emulate your amplifier and stomp boxes.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/