Two New Projects

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Stixlaw

Two New Projects

Post by Stixlaw »

Hello,
First time I share (word lwide) my work as a long time linux audio user.

These two projects are old-schooled :-), the first one named Vibra-Hip is made of jazz standards arranged in a electronic way and melody and improvisations are played on the vibraphone.
The second one, Satelita, is more personal and tracks are from my own (tracks are copyrighted). this music is a way to feel and make your brain free to imagine (not sure I'm really understandable). But try it.

The linux process involved : the Librazik 2 audio distribution with Jack (of course), Ardour5, Hydrogen, Drumgizmo, ZynAddSubFx, Helm, TAL Noize Mak3r to name a few.

Vibra-hip, track Alfies Theme (Sonny Rollins) : http://www.percunivers.com/vibrahipuk.php
Satelita, track R-SNZ : http://www.percunivers.com/satelitauk.php

Thanks for reading ans listening,
milo
Established Member

Re: Two New Projects

Post by milo »

This is really good! So, to be clear, you were playing an acoustic vibraphone over synth tracks, correct? I'm impressed with your vibe playing! I have a couple of Modern Jazz Quartet albums and have always loved the sound of the vibraphone.

For some reason I can't get the second track to play.
Digital Larry
Established Member

Post by Digital Larry »

Those are really cool. I liked 'em. I like the ambience of the first one, makes me imagine I am perhaps in some subterranean den of semi iniquity.

The electronic one is like a motivational theme for table saws and such. I like filter melodies and this one actually goes somewhere!

Moar! Moar! :D
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

These are a breath of fresh air! Really good stuff :D
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

I got the second song to play today, and it is awesome! Very strong work. Lots of variety, and lots of interesting sounds. I love the intro; it sort of reminds me of the automobile sounds made on the Mini Moog in the original 1975 Autobahn recording.