gentil - siesta, silbido (SooperLooper, Qtractor, Audacity)

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

chtfn
Established Member

gentil - siesta, silbido (SooperLooper, Qtractor, Audacity)

Post by chtfn »

Hi all

I thought I'd share this one I recorded today, because I find it interesting how a single take with no planning whatsoever can come out quite nicely (to my own low standards).

I recorded loops of snapping my fingers and whistling in SooperLooper with my new lappy, using the built-in microphone, and layering all that. I then recorded with Qtractor, added reverb/echo/equaliser, and normalised in Audacity.

I like the feel of the track, both dark and soothing, and how new sounds can be heard or imagined (thunder and wind, wood, voices, water...).

Anyway, here it is: https://soundcloud.com/jesuisgentil/siesta-silbido (free download, libre licence)

Cheers for listening! :)
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: gentil - siesta, silbido (SooperLooper, Qtractor, Audacity)

Post by jonetsu »

This is quite good actually. Sometimes everything falls into place during improvisation, to create an 'entity' that transcends the sum of its simplest components. Such a feeling was created in that piece.

Would it be possible for me to use an excerpt in another piece ?

Cheers.
chtfn
Established Member

Re: gentil - siesta, silbido (SooperLooper, Qtractor, Audacity)

Post by chtfn »

Thanks Jonetsu!

Of course you can use it! You didn't even have to ask, given the licence, but I appreciate you asking and I'd love to hear what you end up doing with it :)

Cheers