Spanner [full album]

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

lucidbeaming
Established Member

Spanner [full album]

Post by lucidbeaming »

Hey LM folks-

I released a full length album back in January that makes use of all kinds of Linux tools. The first song on the album, Zynrosette, uses two Raspberry Pi synths I made that run Zynaddsubfx and Fluidsynth in headless configurations. The Fluidsynth Pi has a built-in LCD screen/touchpad for switching instruments with Python controlling a Telnet session into Fluidsynth. The Zynaddsubfx Pi is just a little black box running through a Pi-DAC+ audio interface. I built a simple web app to change instruments through a PHP OSC library.

I also made videos for 10 of the 14 tracks using ffmpeg generated video clips from its audio analysis filters. Those clips were the source layers in a Final Cut Pro project that added all kinds of effects and transformations.

I'm currently rebuilding the synth

The videos can be seen on my site, lucidbeaming.com, that also has links to the album on iTunes, Spotify, etc.

Here is a basic demo of the Fluidsynth box I call Blue Order.

It's an experimental album, dark and glitched out. It uses plenty of commercial soft synths and an external Juno 60 and was tracked in Reason. But, certain songs are a direct result of working with the Linux synths. Thought you might be interested.

cheers