deafening silence

Show off original scores and recordings made with Linux!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

tenryu
Established Member

deafening silence

Post by tenryu »

Hello everybody,
Just to share what I've done with Ardour 5.5 and Guitarix, with my pal zebassprophet on bass from the french site linuxmao.org, celebrating the return of this forum.
It's a big relief for me to know that I've always so many things to learn..... :D
All comments are welcome !
https://soundcloud.com/tenryool/silence ... phet-remix
Even if you can't sing well, sing. Sing to yourself. Sing in the privacy of your home. But sing.
"Nachman of Breslov"
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: deafening silence

Post by jonetsu »

Allo,

The intent of the song is quite good. The voice is mostly there, some work in the sustained notes at times. As a first sketch, it carries all of the spirit that should be further developed with more arrangements, and of course a better mix. But the idea is there and it's quite good for this type of song. Guitar playing is right there, but the dynamics expressed are not really reflected in the bass and drums. The bass could be more round perhaps, but that's part of the mix update. The drums should be more lively IMHO. The voice could be blending in more with the music, using perhaps ERs to bring it forward. I would boost the BPM by maybe 2 or 4. To imagine a 1/16 high hat all throrought - just imagine - while playing the bass and drums parts could bring this extra touch that makes it as if the tune would go on full speed while keeping the slow character. To give the feeling of going forward, of moving, while still remaining slow.

Cordialement.
tenryu
Established Member

Re: deafening silence

Post by tenryu »

Thank you for your kinds advices
Even if you can't sing well, sing. Sing to yourself. Sing in the privacy of your home. But sing.
"Nachman of Breslov"