How to reduce size of plugins in ardour 5.12?[SOLVED]

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Aquarious12
Established Member

How to reduce size of plugins in ardour 5.12?[SOLVED]

Post by Aquarious12 »

Hello friends, I am new to linux as well to ardour. I like the ardour 5.12 version a lot and I am in love with it. but I was having a problem regarding the plugin GUI size. plugins like geonkick and helm are going out of my view .they are too big to my screen ,I was curious if anybody can help me in getting the size reduce for my viewing.

I Have tried the following.

1.screen size of 1280 x 720 i guess , I have set the display resolution on the same value , I did tried to change the resolution of screen but it doesn't affect .

2. have tried to resize it from right click mouse menu but it doesn't help.

3. reduce size of ardour in preferences menu but it doesn't affect the plugin size.

FOUND an remedy for that if i press alt with GUI corner i can shift the GUI ,But still if there is an option to reduce the size i would like to know.

waiting for reply. thank you.
Last edited by Aquarious12 on Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milo
Established Member

Re: How to reduce size of plugins in ardour 5.12?

Post by milo »

There is not an easy solution, and I have the same issue on my system. The geonkick developer acknowledged the problem in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=19400&hilit=geonki ... 30#p106962. Apparently it will take some code-level changes to fix it.

For now the Alt key is your best workaround. If you press the Alt key then the mouse will let you drag any window on the screen by clicking anywhere inside the window. (Not sure if that applies to all Linux desktops, but I think it will work in most. Certainly it works in XFCE.)

The next best workaround is to get a massive monitor and run it on a high resolution. (Requires $$)
Aquarious12
Established Member

Re: How to reduce size of plugins in ardour 5.12?

Post by Aquarious12 »

milo wrote:There is not an easy solution, and I have the same issue on my system. The geonkick developer acknowledged the problem in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=19400&hilit=geonki ... 30#p106962. Apparently it will take some code-level changes to fix it.

For now the Alt key is your best workaround. If you press the Alt key then the mouse will let you drag any window on the screen by clicking anywhere inside the window. (Not sure if that applies to all Linux desktops, but I think it will work in most. Certainly it works in XFCE.)

The next best workaround is to get a massive monitor and run it on a high resolution. (Requires $$)

Ok i think that is true . i dont have $$ . so currently will work with workaround.Thanks for reply.